General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

I've switched to Hancock's side in this, now that Tim Montgomerie has jumped on the Cummings bandwagon to get him sacked. Bizarre idea that you can get away with facilitating the deaths of tens of thousands in old folks homes, but get sacked for snogging a colleague by a multi philandering PM.

Edited by welshbairn

32 minutes ago, Michael W said:

George Galloway's sewer-dwelling politics producing predictable results again. 

Where did you get that hat? By taking food out of the mouths of the Midland's poorest. He really is a c**t.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/uk.news.yahoo.com/amphtml/george-galloway-promised-unused-funds-164618842.html

George Galloway promised to give unused funds from his general election campaign to 'local food banks' but no evidence of a donation has been found

"

Galloway's spending returns, obtained by Insider, show he spent just £8,749 during the election campaign, suggesting a potential surplus of up to £15,000 from the crowdfunding campaign.

However, the coordinator of the West Bromwich Food Bank, Keith Turner, told Insider that they had not received any money from the former MP, saying: "The West Brom food bank has never received a donation of any amount from Mr Galloway."

15 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I forget which thread the egg fleg controversy a few weeks ago was in but I bought one of these today and I'm curious which side should be more outraged

Did the person at the till sing the song as it trundled along the conveyor belt?

I’m not one to stand up for a Tory, especially an incompetent bumbler like Hancock, but for me the real question here is how the Sun got a copy of security footage from inside a Government department.
I'm guessing money. Why would we expect anyone, at any level, in this crew to have any morals, standards or sense of responsibility, when they are led by creatures like Johnson, Patel, and Hancock?

I’m not one to stand up for a Tory, especially an incompetent bumbler like Hancock, but for me the real question here is how the Sun got a copy of security footage from inside a Government department.
At a guess, since its clear the only way any of these fucking reptiles is getting brought down is from within, the Sun were handed it, from within. Hancock has looked the likely fall guy for a while now. Get him launched then uncover various pandemic failings that can conveniently be attributed to him

This would surely have been the perfect opportunity for Hancock to resign and slink off into the sunset, thus avoiding any scrutiny over the real shit he's been involved in?

Eta: apparently he has.

Edited by Shipa

3 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Hancocks resigned seemingly 

1 minute ago, Shipa said:

This would surely have been the perfect opportunity for Hancock to resign and slink off into the sunset, thus avoiding any scrutiny over the real shit he's been involved in?

Confirmed he has resigned