General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

My Mrs just text me to say that Jackie Bird was reporting on the SNP manifesto pledge of 1000 more police on the beat.  She said they have exceeded that target by '"just" 8 officers.

What a fucking balloon.

My Mrs just text me to say that Jackie Bird was reporting on the SNP manifesto pledge of 1000 more police on the beat.  She said they have exceeded that target by '"just" 8 officers.

What a fucking balloon.

:lol: spinning a success to sound like a failure. Would be like a commentator complaining that a footballer only just managed to score a winning goal.

9 hours ago, Fide said:

What a fucking balloon.

They're also babbling on about the decrease in Scottish policing numbers since then. Completely failing to mention that crime in Scotland is at a 4 decade low and the decrease percentage of policing in Scotland is nowhere near the same level as the decrease percentage across the rest of the UK.

I wonder if the idiots accusing the SNP of turning Scotland into a "police state" will suddenly do a U-Turn and whinge that there isn't enough policing. In fact, I don't wonder, it's a fecking stick on!

1 hour ago, capybara said:

Looks like Torrance has quit Twitter canny take the heat anymore. Poor dear.

Well that should free up time (and give him something to talk about) for his constant media appearances. Next host of Scotland 2016?

11 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Well that should free up time (and give him something to talk about) for his constant media appearances. Next host of Scotland 2016?

Did you see his interview on the BBC re the Scottish six? What a clown. We the nation that gave the world the telly, canny operate a camera.

Edited by capybara

3 hours ago, capybara said:

Did you see his interview on the BBC re the Scottish six? What a clown. We the nation that gave the world the telly, canny operate a camera.

Hadn't seen that - he really is a tosser. What I don't understand is why he's pushed constantly as some kind of sage political commentator. There are plenty of seasoned academics and long-time, respected journalists resident in Scotland - so why the hell do the BBC (and STV to a lesser extent) constantly promote a biased writer of sloppy, unauthorised pulp biographies that no one reads? Perhaps I answered my own question...

ETA: His wiki actually states that he's best known for his pulp Salmond bio and his "political commentary for the BBC and STV". Is this the journo equivalent of "famous for being famous"? It seems that the channels decided to promote him nonstop to gain him exposure, rather the normal route of him being selected on the basis of being well qualified and known.

Edited by Antlion

57 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Hadn't seen that - he really is a tosser. What I don't understand is why he's pushed constantly as some kind of sage political commentator. There are plenty of seasoned academics and long-time, respected journalists resident in Scotland - so why the hell do the BBC (and STV to a lesser extent) constantly promote a biased writer of sloppy, unauthorised pulp biographies that no one reads? Perhaps I answered my own question...

ETA: His wiki actually states that he's best known for his pulp Salmond bio and his "political commentary for the BBC and STV". Is this the journo equivalent of "famous for being famous"? It seems that the channels decided to promote him nonstop to gain him exposure, rather the normal route of him being selected on the basis of being well qualified and known.

When you consider that the BBC also value the opinion of Kevin Hague, it should come as no surprise that they view Torrance as an "expert",

What a fucking balloon.

You've got a wife!!!!!!

IMG_1470254909.163329.jpg

What a fucking bizarre individual Torrance is.  He regularly attacks SNP supporters and politicians but it seems he can't take some back. w****r.

And of course all the Nat nutters like Mason, Hosepipe, Pishfart etc are so receptive to criticism, right enough.

11 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Crime is at an all time low across the western world. Don't try and claim it as a result of some SNP brilliance...

But still lower in Scotland in comparison to the rest of the UK. Which is what happens when you have a competent Government that is able to adequately protect police numbers in the face of increasing ideological austerity from the thundercunts down south.