General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Desperate. Priti Patel is simply not equipped to go up against Sturgeon in a war of words or any other sort of dispute. Long may they remain blissfully unaware of how out of touch and out of step with Scotland and its people. Its all just fuel. 

Vermin scum. 

Hopefully folk keep blocking the vans in and send her into a trump style Twitter melt down. She really is something else how anyone votes for her or works for her at the home office is beyond me.

Listening to the Pollokshields incident being discussed on Jeremy Vine and the gammon was sizzling. Lots of comments trying to frame it as the SNP whipping up Scotland v England divisions.

Fair play to the protester from Maryhill who called in, although she was clearly opposed to independence she emphasised that it had absolutely nothing to do with that.

5 hours ago, Pato said:

I don't really mind this, it's good to have a high profile lawyer in the public consciousness. A bit like that fox killer down south who has ended up doing some really good work on covid contract corruption. Name recognition helps with cut-through.

Jolyon Maugham isn't really known for being a fox killer.

He's known for owning two windmills and for fucking the windmills.

23 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Listening to the Pollokshields incident being discussed on Jeremy Vine and the gammon was sizzling. Lots of comments trying to frame it as the SNP whipping up Scotland v England divisions.

Fair play to the protester from Maryhill who called in, although she was clearly opposed to independence she emphasised that it had absolutely nothing to do with that.

I cannot stand Jeremy Vine. His whole show has morphed into an LBC type hysteria-fest. Smarmy git.

29 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I cannot stand Jeremy Vine. His whole show has morphed into an LBC type hysteria-fest. Smarmy git.

It gives me a laugh when I'm WFH.

No matter what topic is being discussed Jezza or AN Other have to offer an often insanely contrarian viewpoint for the sake of balance.

25 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

No matter what topic is being discussed Jezza or AN Other have to offer an often insanely contrarian viewpoint for the sake of balance.

We have posters like that on here.

3 hours ago, doulikefish said:

You are over analysing it lads 

It's the wonga getting put in swiss bank accounts

Sadly, I'm not sure it comes this way anymore. Deutsche Bank have a hell of a reputation for helping money get around though.

46 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

It gives me a laugh when I'm WFH.

20 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

We have posters like that on here.

Naw we dinnae. 

Don't judge LBC by the Farage and Ferrari style shows. If can be very listenable from ten till early evening weekdays (O'Brien, Fogerty and Mair). Certainly beats the Shite out of vine's daily gammonfest.

Fair fucks to NS for actually going public in calling out the Rangers fans behaviour yesterday as "Sectarian" and even more specific "anti catholic" hopefully a shift in policy against decades of blatant and utter shite by "supporters" of the Rangers

15 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Fair fucks to NS for actually going public in calling out the Rangers fans behaviour yesterday as "Sectarian" and even more specific "anti catholic" hopefully a shift in policy against decades of blatant and utter shite by "supporters" of the Rangers

Found it particularly amusing those who were at the ready with their perceptive HoW iS tHIs DiFffEreNt takes re the immigration protest, when quite clearly its because they got fucking leathered, knocked the f**k out the city, nutted the shit out of each other and chanted about ******s etc. That's what was different. 

A 'pleasing' amount of the condemnation was based on the substance and behaviour rather than knicker wetting about covid.