General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

2 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I genuinely don't think any of this was chosen on purpose. I am much more inclined to think that some jobsworth just has a fucking... list and is so devoid of empathy or understanding in his work it was just another box to tick. Probably never even knew it was Eid. 

I don't think there's any chance they didn't know it was Eid. Not in that line of work. 

They should be investigated for, at least, a breach of the Equality Act and potentially for a religiously motivated offence.

41 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Echo the congratulations to Weegies, proud of you today.

As for the Tories, I thought I was meant to get milder with age but I find my total hatred of Tory voters and politicians growing by the day. Imagine voting for sub-human scum like that cos flegs. Heartless wanks each and every man, woman and non-binary person who votes for them.

It's not you - it's them. The Tories had plenty of heartless fks before but they also had reasonable, decent people like John Major, Ken Clarke, Chris Patten, even Michael Heseltine. I vehemently disagreed with their opinions but they that side of the party wasn't driven by malevolence. They've been getting worse and worse, and Johnson purged them of their last remaining humans, the folk like Rory Stewart and Dominic Grieve. Now they are almost exclusively a party of b*****ds, for b*****ds.

Someone at Westminster clearly orchestrated this to cover at least some of: looking tough on immigration; showing Scotland who is in charge; doing it in Sturgeon’s constituency; doing it on Eid; doing it while new MSPs are being sworn in.

And Pollokshields said no. As someone said earlier in the thread, that’s Patel and the Home Office’s authority gone here. A demonstration of what will happen if the immigration vans show up again.

9 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Agree with the above. This absolutely reeks of that utter cuntress Patel trying to make a "look who's boss" statement. That the local community squarely told her and the home office to f**k right off is nothing short of magnificent. Gammon arseholes whining about the "rule of law" can f**k right off as well.

Yeah. Totally misguided attempt to get it up Sturgeon, backfiring in the most public and spectacular way possible. 

Andres Escobar levels of own goal for one the worst c***s in a government ufll of cartoon villain level worst c***s. 

Can just imagine her trying to keep the idiot Johnsons attention long enough to explain this one away whilst Sturgeon savages them. 

This was the view from my window this afternoon. Never felt prouder to be part of this community.
EFD72E40-6D68-40D3-8817-AEAEB9DBC580.thumb.jpeg.89e19ac109a953d2f5e5424ccb0c9bca.jpeg

I can’t help wondering what would have happened in other parts of these isles.

I am sad to say that I think there are some areas where the crowd would actually be assisting the Home Office officials in rounding people up.

11 hours ago, NotThePars said:

I recognised a couple of people from some photos who I would definitely categorise as "the radical left" and others would dismiss as "professional protestors" but remarkably these people genuinely do give a shit about the causes they turn up for. 

What a win. A lot of good people turned out today and told the Home Office and their lackeys to f**k off and I hope this gives an impetus to Scotland to continue taking a stand against the barbaric immigration regime that Priti Patel is building.

Aye, but those guys didn't turn up till it was well under way. The actual beginnings of the protest were unplanned and were basically the guys neighbours coming out to tell the home office to f**k off. It was organic and unplanned which is what made it so powerful. f**k the Tories.

Also, no way it was just incompetence that caused the home office van to be in Nicola Sturgeon's constituency on the day MSPs were being sworn in. It was a powerplay by Westminster, who found out that the power lies with us, the people. We need more of this.

I am sad to say that I think there are some areas where the crowd would actually be assisting the Home Office officials in rounding people up.
"Red wall" constituencies for one. Tbh outside of London I'm struggling to think of a single area where the Police wouldn't have been cracking skulls to the delight of fat gammons watching and cheering.

19 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

11 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:
19 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

"Red wall" constituencies for one. Tbh outside of London I'm struggling to think of a single area where the Police wouldn't have been cracking skulls to the delight of fat gammons watching and cheering.

I watched this unfolding online yesterday - because, surprise!, there wasn't a lot of coverage on the ol' MSM down here. As others have posted, the whole episode has filled me with pride at my country's innate decency, but equally with despair at how far we have fallen into this totalitarian dystopia that people in England didn't rant about the rule of law, or superspreader events - they just fucking ignored it. The papers review on Sky News didn't discuss it*, and tbf it only seems to have appeared on one front page - the Grauniad.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the equivalent community in my area - probably W. Yorks, in fairness, as I live in a really white area - would be offering the HO wankers the use of their vehicles if the van was stuck, while suggesting a few other shifty brown types they don't like the look of that could be picked up while they're at it. Just in case, like - I mean, if they're working and paying taxes, that's OK. It's the family they bring over once they're established, innit?

The fact that this took place on Eid and under a Muslim Home Secretary simply underlines what fucking animals the current government are. I hope that bitch (and the gammons who vote for these scum)  notices the number of "natives" who rallied round to support fellow human beings. I repeat - proud of you, Pollokshields, Glasgow, and Scotland. A wee chink of light in these dark times.

*More interested in Prince Harry calling his dad out for being a shit parent - that's fucking groundbreaking news.

7 minutes ago, Pato said:

I don't really mind this, it's good to have a high profile lawyer in the public consciousness. A bit like that fox killer down south who has ended up doing some really good work on covid contract corruption. Name recognition helps with cut-through.

Oh aye, no problem with it at all. Fun piece of trivia is a son or other family of his is polis, was at my brother's passing out parade with a young guy.

How any person can look at the conservatives and trust them I don’t know.

Patel is a disgusting piece of work who needs to be reigned in. Glasgow needs to keep this up if the cow tries it again.

Make no mistake, this was deliberate.

15 minutes ago, Pato said:

I don't really mind this, it's good to have a high profile lawyer in the public consciousness. A bit like that fox killer down south who has ended up doing some really good work on covid contract corruption. Name recognition helps with cut-through.

Was he not wearing a kimono during his baseball bat attack? A pure  hard da' moment. He and the Good Law Project do a lot of good forensic digging on the nepotism being shown by the Tory govt, unfortunately it never seems to come to much, same with him and Cherry with Brexit. They get small victories but the press/government just seem to ignore it.