General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-36878520

There should be a law to stop this guy taking naked photos of himself let alone sending them to folk.

With that surname it's just as well it's not a woman.

I think you are completely wrong, he's a single guy, and posting naked pics of himself online turns me on.

If I was May, I would be more and more tempted at the prospect of an election.

ICM:

CON 43 (+4)
LAB 27 (-2)
LD 8 (-1)
UKIP 13 (-1)
GRN 4 (=)
SNP 4 (=)

Fieldwork 22nd-24th July
N=2,012

3 minutes ago, Sooky said:

IMG_1469549099.490047.jpg

Surprised Ruthie is so high!

I love the absolute disdain that Scottish Tories have for Sturgeon; if anyone needs convincing she's doing a great job for Scotland this should convince them.

2 hours ago, Sooky said:

IMG_1469549099.490047.jpg

Surprised Ruthie is so high!

Wall-to-wall good press will do that for you. Strugglng to think what she's actually done out with blowing Tory party money having a blast round the country during the election. Her referendum intervention did a load of nothing for the Remain side.

2 hours ago, jakedee said:

The amount of red Tory support for the real Tory leader is interesting

9 minutes ago, capybara said:

It's fair to say most folks only take a passing interest in politics, that's not a criticism simply an observation.

In that respect I'm not surprised by this.  Davidson has somehow managed to present her self as competent yet harmless, whilst Dugdale is angry and shrew like.  What's worse is that Dugdale directs all her anger at the SNP whilst letting wee Ruthie off the hook.

Personally I'd like to see Davidson linked to Tory policies at every opportunity.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-36903261

Edinburgh City Councils war on the motorist continues with their 20 mph zones. Which basically covers the city. Even out the Metropolis of Currie. And they are to introduce charging for parking on Sundays next year. Mind you in some parts of the city centre 20 mph is aspirational.

This might be covered elsewhere but I see that Scottish Labour, buoyed by the success of their raise Scottish taxes to pay for austerity policy, are now calling on the Scottish govt to set up a brexit fund.minor details like where the money would come from are of course left out but no price is too high to remain in the union for Kez.

This might be covered elsewhere but I see that Scottish Labour, buoyed by the success of their raise Scottish taxes to pay for austerity policy, are now calling on the Scottish govt to set up a brexit fund.minor details like where the money would come from are of course left out but no price is too high to remain in the union for Kez.

Jackie Baillie is going to shake the money tree.
Maybe.

4 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Kez seems incapable of learning her lesson. Her answer is to increase our taxes as some kind of Brexit tax. Interesting that it was Jackie Baillie that was at her side, and her deputy.

Anyone know whats happening/happened in the Marie Rimmer assault trial? 

' Yes campaigner denies lying about MP who allegedly assaulted her'

We got this then it was adjourned to July.