General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

Scalping - thoughts on legislation to try and dent it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-56270058

Personally all for this. Especially to stop c***s like the pair in this article just hoovering up items they have no use for just to make them more expensive for the people who do. Most recently experienced this myself when looking for PC but most of the components out of stock for months at retailers while available on Ebay etc for double the price.

"I'm not a scammer," she says. "I'm an entrepreneur of sorts.

"The reality is we buy stock, we own it, we can set the price. Some of the people in these groups do this to feed their families."

What about Jake?

"I don't sound like a very nice person," he says, "but it's business isn't it?

"Why should I be sitting in my bedroom playing video games like every other 18-year-old, not doing anything with their life?

"It's easy money, it's pocket money."

Absolute NAP these idiots will grow up to be tories.

Edited by GiGi

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

Personally all for this. Especially to stop c***s like the pair in this article just hoovering up items they have no use for just to make them more expensive for the people who do. Most recently experienced this myself when looking for PC but most of the components out of stock for months at retailers while available on Ebay etc for double the price.

My mate was on a scalper's Discord to get a hold of a PS5 for Christmas and there were guys fishing for justifications and pats on the back for upselling PS5s for like £600-700 to their best mates. "Am I bad guy for selling this to my best mate for his wean's Christmas??" I think you know the answer to that big man.

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Well they're scum, obviously. Same goes for people who do it with gig tickets. Platforms don't care because they get their money, so don't expect a Tory government to do anything.

Depends how many tories in government/parliament have been pissed off at some point themselves trying to buy the weans/grandkids a new console or whatever. Once it affects them in some way it will be treated more seriously.

But aye. Scum.

46 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

My mate was on a scalper's Discord to get a hold of a PS5 for Christmas and there were guys fishing for justifications and pats on the back for upselling PS5s for like £600-700 to their best mates. "Am I bad guy for selling this to my best mate for his wean's Christmas??" I think you know the answer to that big man.

Scum collective.

On 31/03/2021 at 16:43, GiGi said:

"Jake says he doesn't know how much money he's made from scalping - but the numbers are big.

'I honestly don't keep track. Maybe £10,000 since November'."

hector.jpg

Oh good, we're going down the route of public devotion to figures that you share no values with.

In the coming years, expect to see lots of adherence to Matthew 26:11 at the expense of...well, literally anything else Jesus is supposed to have said.

Oh good, we're going down the route of public devotion to figures that you share no values with.
In the coming years, expect to see lots of adherence to Matthew 26:11 at the expense of...well, literally anything else Jesus is supposed to have said.
Don't f**k with The Jesus.

The Big J would have been arrested for illegal public demonstrations and given a short sharp shock to prevent reoffending in the form of crucifixion.

Meanwhile Judas, having donated 30 pieces of silver to a certain party, now sits in the House of Lords as Lord Judas of Golgotha.

Any video of DRoss having to be lifted up there by Ruth and a couple of burly sodjers?

Also, wasn't it winter during The Dark Knight Rises? How come Bane's maw never appeared to tell him to button his bloody coat?