Granny Danger

General Politics Thread

40 minutes ago, Sunrise said:

Oh FFS.

28 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Resign and boot her in the pie.  Don’t care that Cummings and his ilk can do this.  She’s been fucking stupid and reckless.

That is inexcusable.  That is not hyperbole; she has genuinely no excuse for doing something so stupid and reckless.

If she was my MP I’d be calling for her resignation and writing to my local branch demanding the same.

The Tories are hypocrites and have double standards, we cannot afford that luxury.

This is the worst one yet. To get a positive test and then travel on the train is ridiculous levels of arrogance.

She should not only resign, there surely must be a police investigation. How many people has she willfully endangered?

This is the worst one yet. To get a positive test and then travel on the train is ridiculous levels of arrogance.

She should not only resign, there surely must be a police investigation. How many people has she willfully endangered?
None. What she did was stupid and irresponsible but not wilful, unless you know otherwise.

"experienced mild symptoms" is disconcertingly vague.

in danger of venturing into "i once took a train it could have been me" territory here, but I had a wee bit of a cough the other week and checked out the symptoms online to see if there was any new advice; my temperature wasn't worryingly high and my sense of taste was fine. The cough went away within a day and was replaced with a sniffly nose and sneezing a few times (basically cold symptoms, definitely not flu since flu tends to hit way harder, my mum always had a kind of rule of thumb that if you've got a cold you can still stand and move about ok but your average flu will leave you pretty much bedridden) but basically because I only had a new cough (fairly sporadic too) I didn't think it would be appropriate to go full on panic merchant and waste time requesting testing etc., I just avoided going out at all and kept an eye in case the other symptoms developed.

So working on the assumption she's got even a vague idea of the 3 key indicators, if she's not telling porkies and had, say, "mild symptoms" comprising of a new cough + slight loss of taste + slightly higher temperature than normal there's absofuckinglutely no chance she should have been travelling in the first place. Going back when it was confirmed is madness, and surely she should have handled it in a more adult way than chancing her arm at getting up the road as quickly as possible. A liaison officer or something could perhaps have sorted it, but I guess she knew she was fucked from taking the risk travelling down in the first place and wouldn't be able to get a hotel sorted or awkward questions over her decision making in travelling down to start off with.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Of all the lockdown breaches by politicians and public figures in recent months, taking a four hour train journey while awaiting a test result and then another after being knowingly positive has to take the biscuit

10 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

Margaret Ferrier couldn’t look more Nat/Jakey if she tried. 

Oh, there's a type? Didn't know that. Care to expand? Can you see any dangers in going down that road?

11 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Oh, there's a type? Didn't know that. Care to expand? Can you see any dangers in going down that road?

Of course there’s a type. Here are some more examples for you. I can’t believe you didn’t realise there was a “type”, as you say. 

B41905DF-7CFE-48EB-8C45-73D21196894D.jpeg

E627AF21-31E9-4983-9AD4-ED0BCABC9DE0.jpeg

None. What she did was stupid and irresponsible but not wilful, unless you know otherwise.

What? She had a highly contagious virus, she knew she had it, then she got on a train. How is they not wilfully endangering people?

Did we not just have a whole hing where *Kincardine* condemned the idea you can tell by looking at someone?

14 minutes ago, Lex said:

What? She had a highly contagious virus, she knew she had it, then she got on a train. How is they not wilfully endangering people?

Well she's certainly hit the headlines. The news that the EU has launched a legal action against the UK Govt has been relegated to about the 4th item on Sky News. Don't know about the BBC - I try not to watch them.

Good luck to Glen Minter trying to sell the idea that it's only one political party in particular whose members look like weirdos