General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

Just now, orlandoblue said:

Because whether they've fucked the country up or not is a matter of opinion. That's how debate works and the SNP are doing a damn good job of convincing the people of Scotland that this is the case. That does not mean they need to portray themselves as angry little children. 

Why is it childish though? I've yet to see a good argument for why the SNP should give that shower of arseholes any sort of respect at all. The "nice guy" thing shouldn't come into it when he's being applauded for his work as Prime Minister. The only people applauding should have been Tories. That any other party engaged was yet another black eye for them.

2 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

They maintained a dignified silence, instead of boorish jeering. Thats what i want from my MP. If you genuinely think the tories havent fucked the country up then you live in a dream world.

I didn't say if I thought one way or the other but I always like to scratch the surface with these things and see if people are just coming away with sound bites. 

Go and watch what he said to Angus Robertson today about what he sees he's done for Scotland and tell me which parts he's wrong on. 

orlandoblue is at the wind up.  You don't come onto this forum, a forum you hardly ever post on, and decide the most important issue is whether SNP MPs were right or wrong to applaud an outgoing Tory PM.

If snp mps had applauded them then it's a racing certainty that the people currently moaning about them not clapping would have been busting a gut to get on here to call them hypocrites. It wasn't as if they were flinging bags of dog turds at Cameron ffs. They just didn't clap him. It's nothing like as childish as oh I dunno....Cameron insulting Corbyn's dress sense is it...

Bearing in mind we're talking about a guy who just tried to shaft Scotland for £7 Billion after spending two years lying to us every day and promising us devo max then giving devo f**k all, who has caused 600 disabled people to commit suicided (think about that any Tories on here, 600 disabled people have committed suicide due to this govt), has seen foodbank use rise from 60 thousand to well over a million then blocked an investigation into the cause of foodbanks, has caused every type of poverty measured to increase dramatically and went to court to protect bankers bonuses, I think not clapping is way more than Cameron merits.

Tories are complete and utter 100% scum, total vermin, and anyone who supports them in any way is too.  There are no good Tories, you couldn't possibly claim to be a good person and support this party,  The SNP showed remarkable restraint imo.

4 hours ago, orlandoblue said:

I'm just guessing based on the fact that not one of them displayed independent thought. 

You didn't say that though did you? You presented it as fact. I'm 'just guessing' but you made it up to fit your petty, small minded shite. 

4 hours ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Doctoring employment figures isnt an achievement, forcing people into unpaid work for benefits worth under the minimum wage isnt an achievement. Ive watched what the man had to say very clearly, hes talking utter shite.

Surface scratched, nothing underneath. 

4 hours ago, Łukasz said:

Minter from orlandoblue.

Whits a minter ?

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

orlandoblue is at the wind up.  You don't come onto this forum, a forum you hardly ever post on, and decide the most important issue is whether SNP MPs were right or wrong to applaud an outgoing Tory PM.

You're right. I'd forgotten how easily people got uptight on here at the slightest hint of SNP criticism :lol:

bring back the good old days of the forum, when things were simpler, kilt was a part of all debate and we could sit and watch SPLWWW and thunder monkey fight it out 

bring back the good old days of the forum, when things were simpler, kilt was a part of all debate and we could sit and watch SPLWWW and thunder monkey fight it out 

Sounds preferable to reading your whining pish because 56 people out of 650 didn't clap someone.