General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

20 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

A pound to a pinch of shit that he won't raise income or any tax rates on the extremely wealthy tory donors, let the poor pay as usual under the tories.

Cancel the American owned replacement Trident deal which the CND have costed at £205 Billion.

No no no no, it's eleventy five trillion thousand million now, according to CND costings.

The Taxpayers Alliance, a great bunch of lads!

If I was one of Alex Wild's parents I'd be a bit worried he might be looking to get his inheritance sooner rather than later - watch out for that loose carpet on the stairs.

Edited by btb

The TPA - another bunch of right wing shitebags funded by dodgy money and operating out of 55 Tufton Street, Westminster.

Other notable tenants include Peter Whittle, the former deputy leader of UKIP, Civitas, the Adam Smith Institute, Leave Means Leave, the Global Warming Policy Foundation, Brexit Central, the Centre for Policy Studies and the Institute for Economic Affairs.

A cabal of pro-Brexit, ultra-free market, anti-climate change wankers created to enrich the rich even more.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

It was obviously floated (albeit 5 years ago) for a purpose, but it doesn't seem to have gained much traction -yet.

If the State Pension was anyways decent, pensioners wouldn't need these "perks". Of course we can't afford to pay a decent pension, never mind the one that is paid. The winter fuel allowance and the Christmas bonus = £4.03/week.

It's very doubtful that the tories would filch from the pension given that a You Gov poll showed that over 60% of the over 65's voted tory in the last election.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The TPA - another bunch of right wing shitebags funded by dodgy money and operating out of 55 Tufton Street, Westminster.

Other notable tenants include Peter Whittle, the former deputy leader of UKIP, Civitas, the Adam Smith Institute, Leave Means Leave, the Global Warming Policy Foundation, Brexit Central, the Centre for Policy Studies and the Institute for Economic Affairs.

A cabal of pro-Brexit, ultra-free market, anti-climate change wankers created to enrich the rich even more.

Fascists all under one roof.

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

A pound to a pinch of shit that he won't raise income or any tax rates on the extremely wealthy tory donors, let the poor pay as usual under the tories.

Cancel the American owned replacement Trident deal which the CND have costed at £205 Billion.

Cancel Holyrood, get rid of the Scottish Parliament, save  us a fortune.

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

And the bad points?

Some brilliant political maneuvering here. Treating the general public with such disdain you stop even trying to cleverly deceive them, just some straight up "dog ate my homework" type beat. 

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/nicola-sturgeon-phone-signal-cutting-out-due-train-travel-reason-behind-delayed-withdrawal-whip-margaret-ferrier-3000862

Edited by Stormzy

15 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Some brilliant political maneuvering here. Treating the general public with such disdain you stop even trying to cleverly deceive them, just some straight up "dog ate my homework" type beat. 

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/nicola-sturgeon-phone-signal-cutting-out-due-train-travel-reason-behind-delayed-withdrawal-whip-margaret-ferrier-3000862

Are you going around the whole forum spamming this non story like a dog with a bone? What did she have to lie about when Ferrier had her whip withdrawn with pretty well unprecedented speed?

Edited by welshbairn

On 11/10/2020 at 12:13, Merkincher Clach & County said:

Cancel Holyrood, get rid of the Scottish Parliament, save  us a fortune.

That will come soon when we gain Independence and create a whole new Scottish Parliament free to govern ourselves without westminster shackles.

The fortune westminster then saves will be available for more grandiose home counties/London projects and nuclear weaponry.

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Are you going around the whole forum spamming this non story like a dog with a bone? What did she have to lie about when Ferrier had her whip withdrawn with pretty well unprecedented speed?

This guy doesn't like it when you post negative SNP stories then... calm down. People can read and decide for themselves, I did post it in the Nicola thread but you started derailing the subject to talk about Dominic Cummings (lol) 

Tell me how long it took to remove the whip from the rapey Tory MP?

This guy doesn't like it when you post negative SNP stories then... calm down. People can read and decide for themselves, I did post it in the Nicola thread but you started derailing the subject to talk about Dominic Cummings (lol) 
Tell us, what would you consider a reasonable timeline for Sturgeon to establish facts, speak to the multiple parties involved, discuss reach and convey a decision?

32 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
35 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Tell us, what would you consider a reasonable timeline for Sturgeon to establish facts, speak to the multiple parties involved, discuss reach and convey a decision?

What ever amount of time it would take why would the statement come first? 

24 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I genuinely don't get what the issue is here. What does an extra hour give Sturgeon or how does the outcome change?

It shows that Ferrier was convinced by SNP party that she was safe, a few hours later after the public backlash she has been chucked out the doors to the wolves. Sturgeon is now lying about signal issues to explain the flip flop.