General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

18 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

She can be removed from the party, she cannot be forced out as an MP by the party.  Do you not know this?

That wholly depends on how you determine FORCE, Nicola has asked her to resign which in my book means she is forced to vacate her position, further the police have now announced that her conduct is to be investigated, if the investigation results in a criminal conviction then by westminster rules a bye election will be called.

Not sure where this belongs.

Talking to someone at work yesterday. Nice person, good laugh, low paid, working class Glaswegian.

Anyway, to summarise her  outlook:

Votes Tory

Loves Celtic 

HATES Nicola Sturgeon

Strongly sympathetic to the, ahem, hardline approach to Irish Republicanism.

I thought this was a quite striking combination of views. Just goes to show you cant always extrapolate based on one or two inputs 😆

Talking to someone at work yesterday. Nice person, good laugh, low paid, working class Glaswegian.
Votes Tory
Loves Celtic 
HATES Nicola Sturgeon
I thought this was a quite striking combination of views. Just goes to show you cant always extrapolate based on one or two inputs [emoji38]

Iv got a fairly good idea where it belongs tbh

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
38 minutes ago, Academically Deficient said:
Votes Tory
Loves Celtic 
HATES Nicola Sturgeon
I thought this was a quite striking combination of views. Just goes to show you cant always extrapolate based on one or two inputs emoji38.png

Iv got a fairly good idea where it belongs tbh

Logically incoherent worldview thread for this pish?

That wholly depends on how you determine FORCE, Nicola has asked her to resign which in my book means she is forced to vacate her position, further the police have now announced that her conduct is to be investigated, if the investigation results in a criminal conviction then by westminster rules a bye election will be called.

Rubbish

15 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I'm as cynical as you can get but I wouldn't try to cling onto a job after getting on a long distance train knowing I was carrying Covid. That wasn't a misjudgement, it was deliberately choosing to put other lives at risk for the sake of personal convenience. You have to hope she was legless and didn't know what she was doing. Still zero excuse for it though, never mind what Cummings and others have done.

Totally agree with you, consider if there were really elderly people on the tube and train she travelled on and the consequences of her action resulting in.......................................................................... 

4 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

I'd run into the odd die hard Celtic fan who viewed the SNP as an anti kafflik project before 2014 but not encountered one since. 

I know a celtic fan that's deeply religious and doesn't like Catholicism/hates the pope and is also a Conservative pro Union/Brexit man. 

On 02/10/2020 at 11:59, Granny Danger said:

If you can saw up some wood you can amputate a leg.

I believe this forms part of the post-Brexit plan to plug the gaps in the NHS left by those damn foreigners. 'White British joiners! Come and retrain for the NHS!'

8 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Is this an endorsement of or biting criticism of American white supremacy I am confused

Is that Terence and Philip? 

I assume it is biting criticism. The Canadians love to differentiate themselves from their neighbours as much as possible. And who in all fairness can blame them? 

8 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Apparently it's a bunch of gay lads posting stuff with the proud boys hashtag to make them angry and get them banned off Twitter by provoking them to blurt out something homophobic, so that's good. I was worried initially it was some Milo type thing.

Amusing.

My working assumption is always that groups of shouty, angry and frustrated right-wing men are closeted gay lads anyway.

If they could see their way to giving each other a good seeing-to we'd all be happier. 🌈

Amusing.
My working assumption is always that groups of shouty, angry and frustrated right-wing men are closeted gay lads anyway.
If they could see their way to giving each other a good seeing-to we'd all be happier. [emoji304]

The straights can keep them, thanks.

1 hour ago, Academically Deficient said:

Amusing.

If they could see their way to giving each other a good seeing-to we'd all be happier. 🌈

Why is that your assumption?

What's the underlying implication about them being gay?

16 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Why is that your assumption?

What's the underlying implication about them being gay?

I was just being flippant really.

I was assuming that the Proud Boys are homophobic dicks. And there is some academic research on the relationship between homophobia and repressed homosexuality. After a quick google, prompted by your question, it looks like the jury is out.

Every day's a school day for me!

9 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

I've known one extremely homophobic army guy who turned out to be gay, hope he's happier now.

A former soldier I worked with loved to entertain us with tales of barracks games involving bodily fluids, and said it was always the biggest homophobes who were the most enthusiastic participants.