General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

13 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Jess Phillips is a mouthy, vacuous arsehole.  There must be genuine left-of-centre, pragmatic options to Corbyn in the PLP though sadly no one springs to mind.

Once again the MSM is failing to do their job by not challenging May and Corbyn’s analysis of what the electorate want.  If the people really want politicians to ‘get on with Brexit’ why was a clear anti Brexit party the only one that performed well?

Struggling to remember her saying anything about regarding policy, although you'd have to admit she's highly proficient  at delivering a sarky soundbite.

Had recent puff pieces in The Telegraph & The Times which really says all you need to know about her, shameless careerist although she's not alone in that :rolleyes: , also read she's not quite as working class as she sometimes makes out.

Edited by btb

2 hours ago, btb said:

Struggling to remember her saying anything about regarding policy, although you'd have to admit she's highly proficient  at delivering a sarky soundbite.

Had recent puff pieces in The Telegraph & The Times which really says all you need to know about her, shameless careerist although she's not alone in that :rolleyes: , also read she's not quite as working class as she sometimes makes out.

Her dad was a teacher and her mum was a chief executive for an NHS trust or something similar. Her working class credentials are "has an accent". 

7 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Can't believe the Met Police have decided that the recent  breach of the Official Secrets Act was not a breach of the Act,  no crime was committed and no action on their part is necessary.

Theresa May's office claiming again that the case is now closed.

Obviously the Met have been heavily leaned on here, and the government clearly worried about whatever else would be revealed in the event of an police investigation.

If this had been some lowly assistant at GCHQ who'd blurted out something over a few pints..,

they'd already be in some cell..., without bail.

This government really is finished.  It's time for it to be put out of its misery.  For the good of everyone.

10 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Presumably this is just carte blanche for more leaks of official secrets by grumpy MPs. If you do get caught you won't get the jail.

On the other hand if you’re a civil servant...

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

The reporting of the latest Israeli actions in Gaza by the MSM is disgracefully biased.  

In what way as i have not read it as yet?

I know Israel have responded by hitting terrorist targets in response to 600 missiles being launched at them and killing a number of people.

Hamas's rockets are indiscriminate.

Israel's are targeted at terrorists.

In what way as i have not read it as yet?
I know Israel have responded by hitting terrorist targets in response to 600 missiles being launched at them and killing a number of people.
Hamas's rockets are indiscriminate.
Israel's are targeted at terrorists.
You seem to know a fair bit for someone who "hadn't read it as yet".
Terrorist target is a pretty wide definition for a country which deems all Palestine as fair game.

2 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

You seem to know a fair bit for someone who "hadn't read it as yet".
Terrorist target is a pretty wide definition for a country which deems all Palestine as fair game.

And tonight in Israel there was the Funeral of Ziad Al - Hamamda an Israeli Muslim killed in the terrorist attacks.

R.I.P. 

I see a pregnant woman terrorist and a young infant terrorist were amongst the 16 people killed by Israeli forces in Gaza. I know they were terrorists because Israel only targets terrorists.

I'll sleep easier tonight knowing the world is a slightly safer place thanks to those brave IDF lads.

1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I see a pregnant woman terrorist and a young infant terrorist were amongst the 16 people killed by Israeli forces in Gaza. I know they were terrorists because Israel only targets terrorists.

I'll sleep easier tonight knowing the world is a slightly safer place thanks to those brave IDF lads.

Killed by a Hamas weapon that fell short.

Hamas have already admitted this.

And it's not often i believe terrorists.

4 minutes ago, sureiknow said:

Killed by a Hamas weapon that fell short.

Hamas have already admitted this.

And it's not often i believe terrorists.

We've been told they were killed by a Hamas weapon that fell short, we've been told that Hamas have admitted this.

We haven't seen them being killed by a Hamas weapon that fell short. We haven't heard Hamas admitting to this.

Edited by BawWatchin

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I wonder how long it will take before both the Israelis and the Palestinians realise that BOTH of them are perpetuating this and decide to get round the table for the benefit of both societies.

People need to stop taking sides on this and show both of these countries that they are being excluded until they are prepared to stop acting like animals and killing innocent civilians.

One side has the blockade, the vast majority of the weaponry and the backing of the global hegemonic superpower. I guess it's about how you choose to apportion blame.

47 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I haven't been able to find out what started this latest one off, has anyone?

The BBC take.

How did the latest violence develop?
It began on Friday, during protests in Gaza against the blockade of the area - which Israel says is needed to stop weapons reaching militants.

A Palestinian gunman shot and wounded two Israeli soldiers at the boundary fence. Israel retaliated with an air strike that killed two militants.

The rocket barrage from Gaza began on Saturday morning. A number of homes in Israeli towns and villages were hit.

Mind you an Israeli spokesman on the Today programme claimed it was Hamas trying to blackmail Israel for cash to allow Eurovision to go ahead by stopping the rocket attacks. As usual the Israeli had perfect smooth American English and the Palestinian spokesman had a heavy guttural Arabic accent.

Edited by welshbairn

9 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I wonder how long it will take before both the Israelis and the Palestinians realise that BOTH of them are perpetuating this and decide to get round the table for the benefit of both societies.

People need to stop taking sides on this and show both of these countries that they are being excluded until they are prepared to stop acting like animals and killing innocent civilians.

How long will it take the oppressors and the oppressed to sit round a table and agree that oppression is a bad thing?  Do not see it happening any time soon TBH.