General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

2 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

You'd all be going into fits of rage and calling for the death penalty if milkshake had been tossed over some high profile lefty. Behaviour you wouldn't normally accept, suddenly becomes acceptable as long as it's aimed at someone who's views don't chime with your own.

What's the "leftie" equivalent of Yaxley-Lennon? I don't mean "who's pure dead far left", I mean who constitutes an actual danger to innocent people?

The only equivalent I can think of that can be regarded as the opposite end from The Nonce's Friend would be an Islamic hate preacher.

BW, if you're ever being pestered by an Islamic hate preacher in the street, feel free to chuck milkshakes at them too. 

10 minutes ago, GordonS said:

What's the "leftie" equivalent of Yaxley-Lennon? I don't mean "who's pure dead far left", I mean who constitutes an actual danger to innocent people?

The only equivalent I can think of that can be regarded as the opposite end from The Nonce's Friend would be an Islamic hate preacher.

BW, if you're ever being pestered by an Islamic hate preacher in the street, feel free to chuck milkshakes at them too. 

Tbf I'd be mildly irritated if someone lobbed a frappuccino at Billy Bragg because he won't stop going on about skiffle.

17 minutes ago, GordonS said:

In reality, they've actually got far more in common than they'll ever realise.

Back to life @ Thursday's elections don't seem to have changed much both May & Corbyn have basically reacted by saying "People want a deal done - my deal".

The clock is ticking on May's leadership but I also think it's ticking for Corbyn now - Jess Phillips anyone?  :jerry

It was a good night for the LibDem's & the Greens but I reckon UKIP will have a better night on the 23rd if the Euros go ahead - I know it's a waste of time but please, please, please M&C get something sorted!

2 hours ago, btb said:

Back to life @ Thursday's elections don't seem to have changed much both May & Corbyn have basically reacted by saying "People want a deal done - my deal".

The clock is ticking on May's leadership but I also think it's ticking for Corbyn now - Jess Phillips anyone?  :jerry

It was a good night for the LibDem's & the Greens but I reckon UKIP will have a better night on the 23rd if the Euros go ahead - I know it's a waste of time but please, please, please M&C get something sorted!

Jess Phillips is a mouthy, vacuous arsehole.  There must be genuine left-of-centre, pragmatic options to Corbyn in the PLP though sadly no one springs to mind.

Once again the MSM is failing to do their job by not challenging May and Corbyn’s analysis of what the electorate want.  If the people really want politicians to ‘get on with Brexit’ why was a clear anti Brexit party the only one that performed well?

53 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Jess Phillips is a mouthy, vacuous arsehole.  There must be genuine left-of-centre, pragmatic options to Corbyn in the PLP though sadly no one springs to mind.

Once again the MSM is failing to do their job by not challenging May and Corbyn’s analysis of what the electorate want.  If the people really want politicians to ‘get on with Brexit’ why was a clear anti Brexit party the only one that performed well?

Jess Phillips always looks as though she's about to burst out crying. She comes across quite honest though but noticed on wiki she's not scared of a bit of trough supping 

In July 2018 it was reported that Phillips served as deputy editor of The House, the in-house Parliamentary magazine published by the Dods Group, which had been purchased by Conservative Party donor and former Tory vice-chairman Michael Ashcroft, earning an annual salary of £8,000 for two hours' work per month.[63]

I don't think there's anyone outside of the media, Jess Phillips included, who wants her to be leader. I'm fairly sure someone went through her voting record and for all the talk of being a rebel she usually lines up and backs the leadership. Plus she's a regular at the Spectator parties and is pals with Rees-Mogg so is wildly out of touch with the broad climate of the membership.

12 hours ago, HTG said:

Don't know if there's a party conference thread on here and can't be arsed looking. 

Anyway, Mundell. c**t. 

Don't think we need a party conference thread to point that out tbh. There should be a weekly reminder post or something.

Can't believe the Met Police have decided that the recent  breach of the Official Secrets Act was not a breach of the Act,  no crime was committed and no action on their part is necessary.

Theresa May's office claiming again that the case is now closed.

Obviously the Met have been heavily leaned on here, and the government clearly worried about whatever else would be revealed in the event of an police investigation.

Islamic hate preachers are probably best filed under “Religious right” as opposed to “dead far left”