General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

No, I remember him live on the telly. Have to admit I bought enough Euros for my holiday plans about midnight, and spent the rest of the night trying to buy some more. Nowhere was open till early morning but I got enough for the next year before it crashed.

The Huff Po suggest what you just said. That Farage made that announcement and the pound briefly stabilised which if you’re a suspicious sort would make you question why he said it.

2 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

I'm always amazed at how much public money can be pissed away with absolutely nothing to show for it.

Failed London Garden Bridge project cost £53m

Imagine if they'd let Boris start building his new island airport in the Thames estuary. Maybe they should stop the HS2 before they've gone too far with it. All that cash to save 20 minutes on London to Birmingham. Divert the funds to a Maglev line from Inverness to Kirkwall with a wee tunnel.

Tory, Labour, Lib Dem coalition imminent?

Usually I’d laugh at this, but after watching Labour cosy up with Tories at just about every council it wouldn’t surprise me.

Union or bust. Fucking idiots.

13 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

This would be fantastic. Scotland needs a Conservative First Minister

Aye, she’ll be there to hand over the cup when Cowdenbeath win the Champions League.

8 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Not bait.

Interesting fact. I voted Conservative in 1997 in the Central Fife constituency. The Conservative candidate was Jacob Rees-Mogg.

^^^ Look at me,  look at me. ^^^

We could all state our 1997 voting record but it would stretch the definition of "interesting".

28 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Not bait.

Interesting fact. I voted Conservative in 1997 in the Central Fife constituency. The Conservative candidate was Jacob Rees-Mogg.

Interesting use of the word “interesting”.

35 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Not bait.

Why did you think that a Thatcherite multi millionaire hedge fund manager from Somerset, who campaigned alongside his nanny, representing a party that was by then thoroughly discredited,  riven with scandal  and largely responsible for the under investment in and decimation of the local communities in the area, was the ideal candidate for the people of Central Fife ?

40 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
1 hour ago, HTG said:
^^^ Look at me,  look at me. ^^^
We could all state our 1997 voting record but it would stretch the definition of "interesting".

The interesting part was JRM standing in the constituency of Central Fife.

It's not that interesting, UK politics has always had a high tolerance for carpet bagging, think Churchill as MP for Dundee, for example.