Granny Danger

General Politics Thread

13 hours ago, t1t3h said:

An easy way that they could check if someone is genuinely ill or not is to contact the persons GP or doctor. Another way could be to request the persons medical records.

Instead of the current situation where you often have to pay your own GP to write a letter to the DWP, only for an ATOS nurse to dimiss your doctor, neurologist, physiatrist or whatever other medical documents you have in favour or their own blatant lies and misrepresentation of your personal circumstances. The current system is an ideological attack on the most vulnerable in society, nothing more and nothing less.

Disabled people don't and won't mind being assessed fairly, under this Tory government it is anything but fair.

Fucking bang on mate.

I don't think there's a disabled person in the land that would object to having to provide a letter from their GP.

I know of disabled people who have been made to feel guilty, nervous, ashamed and depressed through the then DWP and now PIP assessment process.

A mate's mum who eventually won a tribunal got so bad with worry, she developed anxiety every time the postman arrived, couldn't sleep at night and had to be treated for depression.  All because of how this Government treats actual disabled people.

It's a fucking disgrace.

11 hours ago, DublinMagyar said:

I saw this on the BBC and thought you should see it:

Hurricane Energy triples oil estimate for North Sea field - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-39529555

More fucking oil. Can't afford this shit

Still be like Greece etc etc

17 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

Revealed: UK Government let British company export nerve gas chemicals to Syria

From 2013 Independent

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/revealed-uk-government-let-british-company-export-nerve-gas-chemicals-to-syria-8793642.html

How about that, the UK is the mother of a war crime. Well, another one, anyway.

To be fair, Sodium Fluoride tends to get used a lot for the fluoridisation of water supplies and as a rat poison. Potassium Flouride is a bit harder to justify though.

Fucking bang on mate.
I don't think there's a disabled person in the land that would object to having to provide a letter from their GP.
I know of disabled people who have been made to feel guilty, nervous, ashamed and depressed through the then DWP and now PIP assessment process.
A mate's mum who eventually won a tribunal got so bad with worry, she developed anxiety every time the postman arrived, couldn't sleep at night and had to be treated for depression.  All because of how this Government treats actual disabled people.
It's a fucking disgrace.

Oh christ don't let oaksoft know they got depression he'll be demanding they lose their PIP payments for something as trivial as that.

On 07/04/2017 at 20:06, Baxter Parp said:

Since you don't have the first clue about what you're talking about and I'm ex-HMRC I can safely ignore this utter pish.

Probably why you are "ex".

41 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Just like he's ex SNP. Don't worry about it.

Eh, no.  I have never been SNP but don't let that get in the way of your self-appointed policing role within the forum.

6 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

emoji38.png

So you defending them putting homophobes in was just you being a bigot rather than being pro SNP?

That could genuinely be the case going off his white-knighting for transphobes in the past.

9 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

Why has Strichener become a shiter version of Oaksoft?

Another post of absolutely no substance from you.  I expect a post from Randy asking me to stop responding to the trolls after this.

Another post of absolutely no substance from you.  I expect a post from Randy asking me to stop responding to the trolls after this.

Wasn't actually asking you tbh.

45 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

emoji38.png

So you defending them putting homophobes in was just you being a bigot rather than being pro SNP?

I see you still haven't any comprehension on what a bigot actually is.

1 hour ago, strichener said:

I see you still haven't any comprehension on what a bigot actually is.

To be fair, you have something of a point. I've never understood why DomDom/RandyGiles screams "homophobe!" more times than a Guardian columnist, yet still spends an inordinate amount of time (largely when supposedly at work) arselicking from dawn to dusk those who abruptly turned against him a few years back.

It was one of those WTF moments on here - one second part of what Zen Archer (albeit tongue-in-cheek) referred to as the "groovy gang", the next everything he posted became automatically "shit", & that was before he made an arse of himself with his tear stained resignation over his two troll heroes getting banned - it came earlier the split second he let his typing fingers run away with him after one shandy too many & outed himself (some comment about lusting after Charles Dance as I remember in the GoT threads).

I've no time for the obsequious little shit, but a lot of P&B's virtue signallers are outright hypocrites.

If you use religion to try and hide behind blatant bigotry then you're a bigot. Kind of like if you try and map out a total stranger's entire life you're a psychopath.

8 hours ago, WaffenThinMint said:

To be fair, you have something of a point. I've never understood why DomDom/RandyGiles screams "homophobe!" more times than a Guardian columnist, yet still spends an inordinate amount of time (largely when supposedly at work) arselicking from dawn to dusk those who abruptly turned against him a few years back.

It was one of those WTF moments on here - one second part of what Zen Archer (albeit tongue-in-cheek) referred to as the "groovy gang", the next everything he posted became automatically "shit", & that was before he made an arse of himself with his tear stained resignation over his two troll heroes getting banned - it came earlier the split second he let his typing fingers run away with him after one shandy too many & outed himself (some comment about lusting after Charles Dance as I remember in the GoT threads).

I've no time for the obsequious little shit, but a lot of P&B's virtue signallers are outright hypocrites.

It amazes me that posters can remember what other posters posted years ago, let alone get wound up by it.

Im not just talking about this post but you see it happening on occasion on GN.

I can barely remember what I posted last week, I certainly couldn't get excited about another poster posting something under a different name in the distant past.

I will never get the hang of this obviously.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

It amazes me that posters can remember what other posters posted years ago, let alone get wound up by it.

Im not just talking about this post but you see it happening on occasion on GN.

I can barely remember what I posted last week, I certainly couldn't get excited about another poster posting something under a different name in the distant past.

I will never get the hang of this obviously.

You're quite old though tbf.