General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

3 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Todays the day in Brazil.They really are going to vote in a guy more mental than Trump

Historians will look back on this period as ‘the time of the populist scourge’.

That’s assuming the world survives populism and their are historians left to record things.

I'm sure there'll be a few "putting money back into the pockets of hard working families" when they're actually slyly taking it from somewhere else.

Has there ever been any chat about the VAT rate in the UK? Wasn't increasing it to 20% one of the first things D Cam did?

Party of low tax but.

3 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Budget day today. Wonder how he's going to screw me again this year.

Seems a lot of things have been pre-announced. Possiblyto avoid embarrassing u-turns like recent years.

I see parts of his speech have been leaked!

“Income tax allowance will be increased by £500 except for that moaning c**t Suspect Device who will have his allowance halved”.

Todays the day in Brazil.They really are going to vote in a guy more mental than Trump
Really sad to see. I country I love. And full of cracking people. I still have friends there and they are worried. I dread to think what is going to happen in some of the big cities. It will be back to a war on the people. Bodies on the beaches etc. We saw a combined effort of media and politics to oust Rousseff. A big effort to discredit Lula and all he did for the country. So far the army has stayed out of it. Directly at least. Not a good time.

Really sad to see. I country I love. And full of cracking people. I still have friends there and they are worried. I dread to think what is going to happen in some of the big cities. It will be back to a war on the people. Bodies on the beaches etc. We saw a combined effort of media and politics to oust Rousseff. A big effort to discredit Lula and all he did for the country. So far the army has stayed out of it. Directly at least. Not a good time.
Sad times indeed capy.My friends over there are falling into the complete opposite of what is being reported here.ie those from the favelas sticking with pt party and those that are middle class going for the pyscho

59 minutes ago, capybara said:
On 28/10/2018 at 08:59, doulikefish said:

I'm hearing stories of military police entering universities and removing books on fascism, taking down anti facist posters and interrupting classes due to the 'ideological content'.

On 28/10/2018 at 12:22, Granny Danger said:

Historians will look back on this period as ‘the time of the populist scourge’.

That’s assuming the world survives populism and their are historians left to record things.

Either that or the latest in a long line of south american populist leaders, on both the left and right.

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

How can Hammond, in his budget speech, predict that growth in the economy will increase each year up until 2023 when we still don't know what kind of brexit deal we will finish up with?

He will be talking a lot of pish. He must know that they're one vote in parliament away from a general election. Ordinarily at this stage in the life cycle of a parliament you'd be hearing all the pish about needing to be prudent and the more generous budget would be saved for years 4 and 5. But if there is potential for an election then he's going to make sure folk aren't calling him and his party utter b*****ds. 

Utter b*****ds that they are. 

6 hours ago, Jeff Venom said:

I'm sure there'll be a few "putting money back into the pockets of hard working families" when they're actually slyly taking it from somewhere else.

As opposed to the SNP who blatantly tell you that you’re being forced to pay a higher tax rate than the rest of the uk. 

I wonder how much they’ll rob from us this time when the personal rates are increased in April?