General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

David Davis cheerleader and former Tory MP calls a hospitalised child a pathetic cretin. Tories.

A981E0B9-4966-4EF5-B00D-1FFC2CA87341.thumb.jpeg.dccbd04c0af48109d841f3acfdfd7a21.jpeg

Reminds me of the episode of the thick of it where Hugh Abbott emailed a little girl calling her a c**t, from someone else’s email address.

3 hours ago, Antlion said:

David Davis cheerleader and former Tory MP calls a hospitalised child a pathetic cretin. Tories.

He's not referring to the child. He's referring to the nurse that's caring for him and his pro-eu stance. Still, it's a despicable thing to say about any nurse.

5 hours ago, Antlion said:

A981E0B9-4966-4EF5-B00D-1FFC2CA87341.jpeg

He probably sees most folk as pathetic cretins.  The sick, children, NHS staff, anyone not like him...

2 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

He's not referring to the child. He's referring to the nurse that's caring for him and his pro-eu stance. Still, it's a despicable thing to say about any nurse.

So he claims. Not much of a defence, of course (though I thought his defence was actually that the sick boy’s stepdad was a “pathetic cretin” for posting it).

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

He probably sees most folk as pathetic cretins.  The sick, children, NHS staff, anyone not like him...

After losing his seat in 2017, Stewart Jackson contacted a former constituent who had been critical of him on Facebook to call him a "thick chav", and also wrote: "If you print any shit about me on Facebook in the future you will regret it."

26 minutes ago, Antlion said:

After losing his seat in 2017, Stewart Jackson contacted a former constituent who had been critical of him on Facebook to call him a "thick chav", and also wrote: "If you print any shit about me on Facebook in the future you will regret it."

No sympathy for Jackson, but that was after he lost his seat and in response to the constituent calling him a scumbag. 

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

The tory 1922 committee meet in the morning.Then we will find out if there are enough letters of no confidence in to see if its davis/bojo/mogg for the next pm

I don’t think they will try to bump May yet.

The reality is if that if they did replace her the new PM would have exactly the same issues to address on Brexit.  I can’t see a backstop solution that is going to appease the Tories and satisfy the EU.

The tory 1922 committee meet in the morning.Then we will find out if there are enough letters of no confidence in to see if its davis/bojo/mogg for the next pm

If a leadership challenge is initiated and May wins then she cannot be challenged again for at least a year. Therefore I agree with Granny D; not sure it will happen right now.

21 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I don’t think they will try to bump May yet.

The reality is if that if they did replace her the new PM would have exactly the same issues to address on Brexit.  I can’t see a backstop solution that is going to appease the Tories and satisfy the EU.

20 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

If a leadership challenge is initiated and May wins then she cannot be challenged again for at least a year. Therefore I agree with Granny D; not sure it will happen right now.

She's certainly not going anywhere, anytime soon.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2018/oct/24/theresa-may-faces-brexit-showdown-with-tory-mps-1922-committee-politics-live

49 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Good old Tories Indeed.

It's especially revolting after the support May's government received from the EU over the Salisbury poisonings.