General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

IMG_1535129003.966825.jpg

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-24/malcolm-turnbull-liberal-party-fear-comes-to-pass/10160764

That second paragraph is pretty brutal.

The article sort of sums up what I thought about Turnbull though. Had potential to be a fairly decent PM but ended up compromising on everything so he ended to standing for nothing. Holding a non-binding postal ballot to push through same sex marriage despite supporting - and having Parliamentary support - was pretty cowardly.

Maybe he’ll go back to leading the Australian Republican movement...

Australia seems to have some wacky parties.  The Bullet Train party were on the go a while ago (a single issue party who wanted to build a bullet train line between Melbourne and Sydney as I recall) as well as the Wikileaks Party, The No Aircraft Noise Party, The Fishing Party, The Sun Ripened Warm Tomato Party and, my personal favourite, the Party Party Party!

There was also the independent senator Nick Xenophon who later started his own party called the Nick Xenophon Team.  He wanted to ban sports betting and one armed bandits.

Edited by Highland Capital

I have seen two Australian films which come to mind: 52 Tuesdays and The Proposition. One is a coming of age drama about a girl whose mother goes through gender reassignment, the other is a western where a lunatic is effectively bribed into killing his brother.  Not bad, really.

17 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I have seen two Australian films which come to mind: 52 Tuesdays and The Proposition. One is a coming of age drama about a girl whose mother goes through gender reassignment, the other is a western where a lunatic is effectively bribed into killing his brother.  Not bad, really.

I can wholeheartedly recommend this:

1 hour ago, Jdog said:

This Tory bellend playing up to Rangers fans to get votes 

Another idiotic post from you.  Labour's own Frank McAveety was supporting the same issue.  

Of course, it's only an application for a fanzone but anything to get the empty-headed Yessers wound up.

1 hour ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Divide and rule.  Classic colonialism.  Appealing to base elements, in this case sectarianism.  As scummy as it gets.

Well since Scots were, by far, the most ardent colonialists across the globe and the Scottish diaspora, by any measure, has been the most influential in the modern era, there may still be some retained memory.

In this case, it is bollocks.  It's a debate about a fanzone.  The application was denied by the Snippers but both Labour and Conservative have raised issues with the process.

Nothing like truth getting in the way of diatribe.

5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Another idiotic post from you.  Labour's own Frank McAveety was supporting the same issue.  

Of course, it's only an application for a fanzone but anything to get the empty-headed Yessers wound up.

Well since Scots were, by far, the most ardent colonialists across the globe and the Scottish diaspora, by any measure, has been the most influential in the modern era, there may still be some retained memory.

In this case, it is bollocks.  It's a debate about a fanzone.  The application was denied by the Snippers but both Labour and Conservative have raised issues with the process.

Sure thing champ, mega surprised a self loathing bigot like you is fully supportive of this.

15 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Sure thing champ, mega surprised a self loathing bigot like you is fully supportive of this.

Idiotic post.  What have I supported?  

You and the fanny above you made two dreadful points.  Not that I am surprised.

5 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I haven't seen Labour crawling into bed with Rangers over it though.

Apparently it’s a nationalist conspiracy because Scotland Matches have fanzones.

Nothing to do with the fact they only play 4 times a year and it’s less money on security etc.

Apparently it’s a nationalist conspiracy because Scotland Matches have fanzones.

Nothing to do with the fact they only play 4 times a year and it’s less money on security etc.
Fanzones are up there with half n half scarfs,get them in the sea