General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

On 07/08/2018 at 09:29, doulikefish said:

Maybot is in jockoland today to meet with the Fm and to attend the fringe

How come there's been precious little reported on this by the mainstream media, despite the deep divisions that exist between the Scottish and Westminster govts on Brexit?

I can only assume they are more than happy to continue focusing on Boris and Jeremy. 

20 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

There is a lass who gets on my bus home occasionally and she has absolutely stunning eyes. That is all you can see of her though. 

So I'd agree that it's ridiculous. Or maybe I'm making a bid for the leader of the Tory party.

Sounds to me like her niqab is having the exact desired affect, stopping perverts on the bus from being able to leer at her. :whistle

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

I like Bojo. We need someone like Trump to negotiate with Trump. The current PM is too dull, grey and old. I want a fat blonde.

He’s sort of like the Prince Philip of politics.

I’m sure you’ve had one.

4 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/16405821.scots-nazi-dog-film-maker-mark-meechans-appeal-refused/

Scots 'Nazi dog' film maker Mark Meechan's appeal refused

Good.  c**t.

The fact that he raised £193k through crowd funding is a sad indictment of where we’ve reached.

3 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Sad thing is that BoJo's popularity in the UK will grow due to his recent comments

Boris Johnson’s support among grassroots Conservatives, already resurgent in the wake of his resignation over Brexit, appears to have been bolstered further by his claim that Muslim women in burqas resemble letterboxes and bank robbers.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/aug/08/boris-johnsons-burqa-comments-bolster-his-grassroots-conservative-support

There is a moral "asymmetry" between the left and the right on these issues. If a leftish (as seen by the general UK population, not this place) is seen to transgress on gender equality, race, religion etc it is held much more strongly against them than a rightish person. It has its limits as Zak Goldsmith found out. 

Most useless constituency MP in the land strikes again .

FB_IMG_1533764247924.thumb.jpg.0ce7f7836c4ba9f219b9ca27909e2da0.jpg

I also noticed she’s highlighting an issue with fruit pickers, or the lack of said fruit pickers at an Angus farm.

An Angus farm her family runs.

I also noticed she’s highlighting an issue with fruit pickers, or the lack of said fruit pickers at an Angus farm.

That must have been a "difficult" decision for her [emoji38]

Her family are loaded landowning farmers. I'd imagine they're rubbing their hands at the prospect of their smaller neighbours struggling post-brexit. Mind you, they voted for her, so f**k them [emoji38]

10 hours ago, mizfit said:

Which is bizarre given that she seems to be voting in favour of a pretty hard Brexit whenever the opportunity arises.

She's not my MP but she genuinely makes my blood boil such is her utter stupidity.

58 minutes ago, capybara said:

Boris to be investigated by the Tories. Nothing will happen. Most of them agree with him.

He wants *something* to happen.  This whole episode has Bannon's fingerprints all over it.  They're making their move.

The latest Johnson issue has highlighted a trend in TV news reporting that really pisses me off.

They interview a couple of random folk in the street and then present it as if such views are representative.

That is lazy fucking journalism.