General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

22 hours ago, Crùbag said:

Useless sack o shoight...

No wonder they cannae do Brexit and squander our oil money.

So Hunt’s wife is Chinese.  It just confirms that we expect foreigners to do the things that no one else wants to do.

30 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

He's basically saying Arkrush and Pollard are hard right arseholes who are stirring this up for political gain.

He's not wrong.

I don't get how if anti semitism is racism, establishing a Jewish run State with the aid of ethnic cleansing isn't, and it's anti semitic to claim it is.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I don't get how if anti semitism is racism, establishing a Jewish run State with the aid of ethnic cleansing isn't, and it's anti semitic to claim it is.

^^^^ Anti Semite!

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/jul/31/fears-cash-strapped-council-may-cut-services-for-vulnerable-children

Tory run Council seriously, seriously fucked; others may follow.

This could blow up in the government’s face.

The fake news media have been blatantly distorting the information issued about Salman Abedi being extracted from Libya in 2014 by the Royal Navy. It was a humanitarian mission apparently an definitely not our government's own jihadis getting rescued from a tight spot.

If you ever think we have a free press then ask yourself why there isn't greater interest in Abedi, his family, their terror group Libyan Islamic Fighting Group and their links to MI6.

21 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Every time anyone uses the term ‘fake news’, I imagine Donald Trump gets a wee tingle deep in his balls. 

When the cap fits. If the media decide to bury and distort the news that the Royal Navy extracted Abedi from Libya it definitely fits.

If the media chose to they could make this a huge issue, they have chosen not to. As a result of that there will be no national debate about our security services colluding with jihadis and it's possible another event like the Manchester bombing could happen because of it.

20 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/jul/31/fears-cash-strapped-council-may-cut-services-for-vulnerable-children

Tory run Council seriously, seriously fucked; others may follow.

This could blow up in the government’s face.

They will probably just go to the magic (DUP) money tree and bail them out.

28 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

They will probably just go to the magic (DUP) money tree and bail them out.

The background to this is quite incredible, multiple warnings ignored.  I can't help but think if this was an SNP run Council Ruth Davidson would cause a stampede running to the media.

Meanwhile, the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy has warned that other authorities are facing similar pressures.

Its chief executive, Rob Whiteman, has said more than 20 councils were "similarly vulnerable to financial failure".

He told the BBC: "All of local government is finding it hard at the moment. Northamptonshire is finding it particularly difficult because I'm afraid it's been badly led."

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

The background to this is quite incredible, multiple warnings ignored.  I can't help but think if this was an SNP run Council Ruth Davidson would cause a stampede running to the media.

Meanwhile, the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy has warned that other authorities are facing similar pressures.

Its chief executive, Rob Whiteman, has said more than 20 councils were "similarly vulnerable to financial failure".

He told the BBC: "All of local government is finding it hard at the moment. Northamptonshire is finding it particularly difficult because I'm afraid it's been badly led."

Whilst I am clearly not in the SNP camp I totally agree that Davidson would be doing cartwheels in trying to gain political capital out of an SNP authority in the same position. Tories. Utter scumbags.

Edited by Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier

2 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Whilst I am clearly not in the SNP camp I totally agree that Davidson would be doing cartwheels in trying to gain political capital out of an SNP authority in the same position. Tories. Utter scumbags.

Shame labour are in coalition with them all over Scotland eh champ.

16 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Not Aberdeen council? Or does that not count because the labour members got suspended?

They are independent. They are not official Labour councillors because of their suspensions. I would have thought that people who want independence would understand what the word means.