General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

Can't work out if JLD is being deliberately thick or if he just can't help it. 

I'll try and help him. Google Stuart Hall and his concept of race as a "floating signifier" and see how racism is politically constructed so that specific religious, nationality and ethnic groups are discriminated against.

Edited by NotThePars

Can't work out if JLD is being deliberately thick or if he just can't help it. 

I'll try and help him. Google Stuart Hall and his concept of race as a "floating signifier" and see how racism is politically constructed so that specific religious, nationality and ethnic groups are discriminated against.
Simple case of not reading the full discussion between GD and WB. Now that I've read it I see WB's point; and like him I would have been pulling my hair out arguing with me c.1hr ago.

13 hours ago, welshbairn said:

And if you continue hating them collectively and individually as grown ups until they die because of that then you are. It saves time from inventing another word for every bit of ignorant bigotry. "It's not racist to hate Mexicans, they're not a race.", was a phrase I heard recently.

If you dislike Rangers fans then you're a racist. The media then you're a racist. Cops then you're a racist. Gangs then you're a racist. If you disagree with this, you're also a racist!

Delighted we're finally seeing a 'Progressive' admit to the Just-Call-Him-A-Racis! Kafka-trapping :lol:

12 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

So because I pointed out that your comment was daft, and obviously so, you lump me in with the alt right.  :lol:

Even Danger is getting woke. This timeline, I swear.

British households spent more than they earned last year with households in the bottom decile of income worst hit. Total consumer debt also surpassed 2007 levels.

Basically this is what has paid for Hammond's celebrated budget surplus. The Tories (with Lib Dem help) have overseen a huge transfer of wealth from poorest to richest.

I received an unwelcomed Scottish Conservative letter through the post today with questionnaire on the back.  I have no intention of responding to it and sending it back in prepaid envelope.

The waste paper recycling bin for this, still a waste of resources in creating and posting these out.

Seems a desperate attempt to get support to beat the SNP.

Absolutely brilliant letter in yesterday’s Courier.
Apologies for the formatting but it’s the best I can do.

56BC13A9-4EBE-4279-AB9F-A37317DD709E.thumb.jpeg.db2ad438dfb42d68a1970ba6593fcfca.jpeg
+1 for actually finding a letter in the courier not written by a failed far right politician, religious nutjob or OFTW retired army type.

2 hours ago, jupe1407 said:
2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:
Absolutely brilliant letter in yesterday’s Courier.
Apologies for the formatting but it’s the best I can do.

56BC13A9-4EBE-4279-AB9F-A37317DD709E.thumb.jpeg.db2ad438dfb42d68a1970ba6593fcfca.jpeg

+1 for actually finding a letter in the courier not written by a failed far right politician, religious nutjob or OFTW retired army type.

Most of the nutjob letters in the Inverness Courier are written by some guy in Linlithgow. 

Most of the nutjob letters in the Inverness Courier are written by some guy in Linlithgow. 
The two failed right wing politicians are Martin Redfern and Otto Inglis. I'm fairly certain both were epic failures as UKIP candidates. They write to newspapers across the country all the fucking time [emoji38]