General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

42 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

I'll admit to being confused. Are Jews a race or  a religious grouping?  Or something else, a tribe, an ethnicity, a culture? 

All of the above... according to Zionists.

Laura Kuenssberg article on BBC News; Describes Margaret Hodge's 'deeply held upset and fury' & believes she was 'driven' to speak out... BBC News is SUPPOSED TO BE strictly impartial...this is NOT impartiality, this is a subjective, unverifiable opinion.

2 hours ago, cyderspaceman said:

I'll admit to being confused. Are Jews a race or  a religious grouping?  Or something else, a tribe, an ethnicity, a culture? 

I wouldn't fall into the right wing trap that you're not a racist if you only hate Jews, Muslims or whatever. Grouping people together on the basis of what they were born into, be it genetic, cultural or anything else, and encouraging hatred against them individually and collectively, is racism, pure and simple, and really stupid.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I wouldn't fall into the right wing trap that you're not a racist if you only hate Jews, Muslims or whatever. Grouping people together on the basis of what they were born into, be it genetic, cultural or anything else, and encouraging hatred against them individually and collectively, is racism, pure and simple, and really stupid.

So if I don’t like Christians then I’m racist? 

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

So if I don’t like Christians then I’m racist? 

Well you're certainly stupid if you write them all off from birth, or christening. And if you continue hating them collectively and individually as grown ups until they die because of that then you are. It saves time from inventing another word for every bit of ignorant bigotry. "It's not racist to hate Mexicans, they're not a race.", was a phrase I heard recently.

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Well you're certainly stupid if you write them all off from birth, or christening. And if you continue hating them collectively and individually as grown ups until they die because of that then you are. It saves time from inventing another word for every bit of ignorant bigotry. "It's not racist to hate Mexicans, they're not a race.", was a phrase I heard recently.

So no in other words.  Your use of the word stupid in your last two posts seems a bit ironic.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

So no in other words.  Your use of the word stupid in your last two posts seems a bit ironic.

If you haven't the imagination to see that not all Christians deserve your dislike, then you are really thick imo. 

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

If you haven't the imagination to see that not all Christians deserve your dislike, then you are really thick imo. 

Is dislike of Christians racist?  That is what you said.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Is dislike of Christians racist?  That is what you said.

You're using the argument of the alt right, nobody is a racist because there's no such thing as a race. Jews aren't a race, Mexicans aren't, Christians aren't. Blacks aren't because they come from lots of races, as do Muslims. Hitler wasn't a racist. They want to throw the word away so the KKK are on par with the Humanists. 

52 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

It’s worth noting that not all Jewish groups are treated equally by Israel either. Ethiopian Jews for example are treated abysmally by the Israeli state.

They're they wrong shade of Jewish for Israel, that's why they secretly sterilised them.

Edited by Jdog

Just now, welshbairn said:

You're using the argument of the alt right, nobody is a racist because there's no such thing as a race. Jews aren't a race, Mexicans aren't, Christians aren't. Blacks aren't because they come from lots of races, as do Muslims. Hitler wasn't a racist. They want to throw the word away so the KKK are on par with the Humanists. 

So because I pointed out that your comment was daft, and obviously so, you lump me in with the alt right.  :lol:

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

So because I pointed out that your comment was daft, and obviously so, you lump me in with the alt right.  :lol:

No, but you're going along with their argument that it's not racist to express hatred for Jews, Muslims and or Mexicans. Or anyone.

Edited by welshbairn

WB. I had the same argument with you last week on the Trump thread and you contradicted what you said above

5 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
27 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

WB. I had the same argument with you last week on the Trump thread and you contradicted what you said above

No, I was describing the right wing argument that nobody is a racist. Maybe we need a new word. Fuckwittist.

Edited by welshbairn

To which you replied that Mexicans aren't a race so Trump wasn't being racist. This is hard work.
No it's not. I was arguing that Trump putting a wall on Mexico border was wrong but not racist, you implied that I should think it is. You are now quite correctly arguing with GD that Mexicans are not a race hence in contradiction to your thought process last week. Not so sure what's hard about that.