General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

45 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

This is worth a read.  Brexit related but more about the Tory Party.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jul/06/brexit-tories-jeremy-corbyn

That article makes me think there must be a significant section of the Tory party who know they have no way out of the clusterfuck they've got into, and would gladly hand power over to Corbyn and let him take the blame. Maybe also hoping that remainers take over from Corbyn and reverse the whole debacle.

Do you not realise when you go out and vote for corbyns party at next election you are harming the independence cause.

I’ve done plenty of voluntary work for the independence cause over the years and volunteered for the SNP at the last election. No party is automatically deserving of a vote and the SNP did f**k all to get one last year. If the SNP make a modicum of effort and have a message that makes me want to vote for them then I will. As it stands I wouldn’t vote for Labour either.

A Corbyn led Labour would hopefully, and seems to be, pushing the SNP back somewhat to the left and I’m happy with that.

2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I’ve done plenty of voluntary work for the independence cause over the years and volunteered for the SNP at the last election. No party is automatically deserving of a vote and the SNP did f**k all to get one last year. If the SNP make a modicum of effort and have a message that makes me want to vote for them then I will. As it stands I wouldn’t vote for Labour either.

A Corbyn led Labour would hopefully, and seems to be, pushing the SNP back somewhat to the left and I’m happy with that.

If you support independence and vote labour you're off the charts stupid.

If you support independence and vote labour you're off the charts stupid.

You have literally zero politics beyond independence for independence sake and dumb conspiracy theories I don’t think you’re in any position to criticise anyone else.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

You have literally zero politics beyond independence for independence sake and dumb conspiracy theories I don’t think you’re in any position to criticise anyone else.

Actually have a master's in politics champ.  It's off the charts stupid.  Jaw droppingly idiotic.

3 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Yet used his vote so stupidly people genuinely wouldn't believe it if he told them.

Depends how much importance xir puts on independence and how much on other factors.

I generally support Scottish independence, but wouldn't touch the SNP with a bargepole as much of the rest of their package is cringeworthy garbage and dangerous to boot.

2 minutes ago, banana said:

Depends how much importance xir puts on independence and how much on other factors.

I generally support Scottish independence, but wouldn't touch the SNP with a bargepole as much of the rest of their package is cringeworthy garbage and dangerous to boot.

Good news then because you’re a creepy nutjob. 

54 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Out of interest, if the SNP did f**k all to get your vote last time, what did Labour do that was worth of it?

Out of interest, if the SNP did f**k all to get your vote last time, what did Labour do that was worth of it?

I wavered until the week before the election and genuinely considered not voting at all. I was down in London the same weekend of the London Bridge attack and I was impressed at Corbyn putting principle before expediency in apportioning part of the blame for terrorism landing on our shores on our foreign policy in the Middle East. I thought it was a bold decision days before a general election when it would’ve invited a furious response from the media and the Tories. Combine that with a genuine sense of optimism among a lot of people I know down there and the positive campaigning from people on the ground that wasn’t replicated by the SNP up here swayed me but it was still close. I think the SNP failed to harness any of the momentum they had in 2015 and my experiences with both parties is that Labour are putting much more effort into involving their grassroots which is baffling as the SNP have a larger membership, more party unity and a more defined outcome in mind.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

I wavered until the week before the election and genuinely considered not voting at all. I was down in London the same weekend of the London Bridge attack and I was impressed at Corbyn putting principle before expediency in apportioning part of the blame for terrorism landing on our shores on our foreign policy in the Middle East. I thought it was a bold decision days before a general election when it would’ve invited a furious response from the media and the Tories. Combine that with a genuine sense of optimism among a lot of people I know down there and the positive campaigning from people on the ground that wasn’t replicated by the SNP up here swayed me but it was still close. I think the SNP failed to harness any of the momentum they had in 2015 and my experiences with both parties is that Labour are putting much more effort into involving their grassroots which is baffling as the SNP have a larger membership, more party unity and a more defined outcome in mind.

Pretentious crap that can be diluted down to 'I'm an absolute fanny'.