General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

Jewish Voice for Labour by any chance? They seem to exist to deny anti-Semitism exists in the Labour Party. There was some sort of controversy during conference regarding them where they weren't letting ordinary Jewish members in, one person apparently barred because he had an Israeli flag on his lapel pin. I think they were created in response to the established Jewish labour groups who take a dimmer view on anti-Semitism.

Thanks for that jmo, I had no idea who or what they were, but the woman seemed genuine, and she was getting a hard time while trying to get her points across.

31 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

What about the leader of the labour party being held to account for illegal wars?

As for corbyn, incredibly naive imo and not suited to be PM

This is patent nonsense given the roll call of colossally racist incompetent wankers that have held the office over the years.

I don't think Corbyn himself is anti-semitic. He's just incredibly naive and is very much happy to indulge dodgy groups which hold similar views to himself. There's a very toxic element of the left that are well organised, have helped to finance Corbyn's takeover of the party and as such are likely viewed as undroppable. It would be an incredibly bold statement for him or anyone to do it but it needs done and ASAP if Labour have aspirations to build a genuinely inclusive and progressive movement.  Another problem with this is that the centre-right of the party have spent so long shitting their pants over literally anything they could any day they could that there's now a siege mentality among the Corbyn left (Canary, Paul Mason etc) who are happy to dismiss this as yet another smear when it's actually valid criticism for once. 

51 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Jewish Voice for Labour by any chance? They seem to exist to deny anti-Semitism exists in the Labour Party. There was some sort of controversy during conference regarding them where they weren't letting ordinary Jewish members in, one person apparently barred because he had an Israeli flag on his lapel pin. I think they were created in response to the established Jewish labour groups who take a dimmer view on anti-Semitism.

Already seen people snidely trying to accuse them of being useful idiots. Great praxis. Really helpful.

4 hours ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Absolutely amazed that this is still rumbling on and people are still trying to defend it tbh.

Agreed.  And I'm also loving the almost universal statements in this thread that "Corbyn himself isn't an anti-Semite, but..."

I'm calling it for what it is.  All the evidence points towards him being an anti-Semite, so that's what he is.  Clunky half-excuses don't cut it. 

What 'scientific' evidence is there that the Holocaust didn't happen?

I assume said 'evidence' can explain away the eye witness accounts from thousands of Allied soldiers, the actual camps themselves, the photographic and video footage, the survivor accounts, the trials of various Nazis, the mass graves, the satellite images, the many pieces of physical evidence such as the 'ledgers' and prisoner uniforms and loads of other stuff.

Any Holocaust denier is a mentalist and a disgraceful racist who should be utterly shunned from society.

I assume said 'evidence' can explain away the eye witness accounts from thousands of Allied soldiers, the actual camps themselves, the photographic and video footage, the survivor accounts, the trials of various Nazis, the mass graves, the satellite images, the many pieces of physical evidence such as the 'ledgers' and prisoner uniforms and loads of other stuff.
Any Holocaust denier is a mentalist and a disgraceful racist who should be utterly shunned from society.
Genuinely dont understand how folk can deny it. Exactly what part are they denying occurred? AFAIK the crux of it is that the root of their denial is JEWBAD, but how can anyone say that the Nazis did not build and operate an entire industry devoted to efficiently killing off anyone they saw fit?

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Genuinely dont understand how folk can deny it. Exactly what part are they denying occurred? AFAIK the crux of it is that the root of their denial is JEWBAD, but how can anyone say that the Nazis did not build and operate an entire industry devoted to efficiently killing off anyone they saw fit?

Same way the moon landings never happened, the Earth is flat and 9/11 was an inside job. 

What I don't understand is why anyone who wants to demonstrate their anti-racist credentials would exclude Jewish people.

It is a bit like saying "I think it is very important that people obey the law although I do like to rob a bank every now and then."

Same way the moon landings never happened, the Earth is flat and 9/11 was an inside job. 
So there is no attempt at a credible arguement and it is exclusively moon howlers? I was never sure if behind all of the fucking psychos there was any sort of debate going on between people who dont appear as a Union Jack avatar on social media. (Almost exclusively the mark of a rocket)

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Even if you put it down to alien abductions - 6 million people is a lot of flying saucers!

.. and what were they doing flying over Europe.  Did they not know where Nevada is?

Edited by Fullerene

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

So there is no attempt at a credible arguement and it is exclusively moon howlers? I was never sure if behind all of the fucking psychos there was any sort of debate going on between people who dont appear as a Union Jack avatar on social media. (Almost exclusively the mark of a rocket)

They have the same kind of pseudo scientific reasoning by bogus "experts" that the 9/11 and moon landing nut jobs use, like no evidence of gas chambers (there is) and zyklon B was just used for fumigation and pest control.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Does this include preventing them from joining “No” campaigns against Scottish independence, though?

Holocaust denier signs up to “No” campaign

Most people who claim to believe in UFOs probably believe in them.

Most people who are 9/11 conspiracy theorists probably genuinely believe in what they say.

I doubt there are many holocaust deniers who genuinely believe the holocaust didn’t happen.  Those who do are morons; the bulk are political manipulators and hate criminals.