General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

2 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

Can anyone shed some light on what mark McDonald has done? It's been on reporting Scotland the last few days and there's now journalists camped outside holyrood waiting on his return.

I'm aware he has admitted guilt but what did he actually do?

A member of James Dornan’s staff (i assume Rosa Zambonini?) was apparently harassed over a period of time going by his letter to the Convenor of Standards. 

I’m sure there was something about a staff member of Mr McDonald’s waking up in his hotel room bed and not remembering how they got there as well. 

The victims mentioned in the report have asked that it is kept private so we may never know full details, and tbh I’m not convinced that we need to know.

Edited by Londonwell

A member of James Dornan’s staff (i assume Rosa Zambonini?) was apparently harassed over a period of time going by his letter to the Convenor of Standards. 
I’m sure there was something about a staff member of Mr McDonald’s waking up in his hotel room bed and not remembering how they got there as well. 
The victims mentioned in the report have asked that it is kept private so we may never know full details, and tbh I’m not convinced that we need to know.
If the above is true not only should he be sacked; he should be facing harassment charges.
If it isn't true then the witch hunt needs to stop.
No-one really seems to know what he's done yet it's on the news every night and lunchtime.
I saw Willie Rennie stating the people should be allowed to vote again as they may not want him representing them. Different story for Alistair Carmichael though....

5 hours ago, renton said:

Kinda curious to see what absolute shite response the UK will come up with. If they can't get NATO/EU behind them (and the latter group have absolutely no reason to be nice to May right now) then any unilateral economic response would be fairly puny. Why even make a big public thing out of it? Couldn't they just get MI6 to off a Moscow Oligarch and be done with it?

Well. 

Supergalactic Brain : Theresa May killed Ken Dodd to take the Holyrood power grab off the 6 o clock news. The guy is right as rain for 90 years and yet miraculously dies at an advantageous time for the Tories to flood the mainstream channels with old Ken Dodd documentaries. Coincedence ? I don't think so,clearly a cunning assault on democracy and a deliberate attempt to thwart Indy2. Dodd should be ashamed of even agreeing to it.

I actually thought Ken Dodd was already dead

6 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
7 hours ago, Loondave1 said:
Supergalactic Brain : Theresa May killed Ken Dodd to take the Holyrood power grab off the 6 o clock news. The guy is right as rain for 90 years and yet miraculously dies at an advantageous time for the Tories to flood the mainstream channels with old Ken Dodd documentaries. Coincedence ? I don't think so,clearly a cunning assault on democracy and a deliberate attempt to thwart Indy2. Dodd should be ashamed of even agreeing to it.

I actually thought Ken Dodd was already dead

Look at the pish that walloper comes out with is it any wonder I have him on ignore.

5 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Look at the pish that walloper comes out with is it any wonder I have him on ignore.

You are intolerant of any and all who don't hold the same opinions as yourself.  Instead of stating your position with anything approaching logic, you put them on ignore.  On that basis, no it is not surprising.

What is also not surprising is you mentioning that you have someone on ignore.  It appears to be like a comfort blanket to you. Link -  Pep's Comfort Blanket

1 hour ago, strichener said:

You are intolerant of any and all who don't hold the same opinions as yourself.  Instead of stating your position with anything approaching logic, you put them on ignore.  On that basis, no it is not surprising.

What is also not surprising is you mentioning that you have someone on ignore.  It appears to be like a comfort blanket to you. Link -  Pep's Comfort Blanket

On ignore.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Effective way to fight the massive youth ambivalence towards the Tories by starving the next generation.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Effective way to fight the massive youth ambivalence towards the Tories by starving the next generation.

With the redrawing of boundaries and photo ID requirements coming in the Tories have Westminster down up for the foreseeable.

4 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

DYMOh1RXUAUUKqK.jpg

Seems astonishing that any MP would be that desperate to be seen to be in favour of taking the food out of the mouths of poor kids but there you go.

Gaffney is just as thick when it comes to working out an EVEL

Hugh Gaffney MPVerified account @HughGaffneyMP

Hugh Gaffney MP Retweeted Labour Whips

I hope the SNP and the DUP will do the right thing for children across the UK and support Labour in the lobby today

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:
1 hour ago, Loondave1 said:

Understandably. I remember when Charlie Drake died and the last time I'd seen him on TV was about 1973.

And Peter Falk aka Colombo died only couple yrs back. I thought he had been dead for years. I think I confuse Tommy Cooper and Dodd in my head sometimes

Ditto on mixing those two up. At least now it won’t matter.

Ditto on mixing those two up. At least now it won’t matter.

Cooper died on live TV with the audience laughing at his hilarious "collapsing on stage" routine.Think it was the death rattle before anyone sussed it.

And Peter Falk aka Colombo died only couple yrs back. I thought he had been dead for years. I think I confuse Tommy Cooper and Dodd in my head sometimes

I never found either that funny and i spent most of my childhood in the 70s. More of a Dick Emery fan myself.