Granny Danger

General Politics Thread

Ah the courier....the paper that openly supports Tories.

Being replaced by a shiny new hospital with modern facilities, but don't let that get in the way of a good story

Halfwit slab stooge Ricky Leonard just announced on the Sunday Politics that “I’m there to represent the interests of the Scottish Labour Party”.

Good to know what a branch office puppet he is.

Leonard's interview on Sunday Politics there was like Ben Swain without the incessant blinking. 

Halfwit slab stooge Ricky Leonard just announced on the Sunday Politics that “I’m there to represent the interests of the Scottish Labour Party”.

Good to know what a branch office puppet he is.

How is he not there to represent Scottish labour though? It would look a bit daft if, at the current time, he claimed to be representing the people of Scotland.

I used to work with Richard and so I'm a bit biased. But I thought he came across quite well in that interview.

He's undoubtedly an intelligent individual, especially in relation to finance and the economy.

He also answered the genuine questions in a genuine manner (rightly ignoring the last one).

Just now, pandarilla said:

How is he not though?

I used to work with Richard and so I'm a bit biased. But I thought he came across quite well in that interview.

He's undoubtedly an intelligent individual, especially in relation to finance and the economy.

He also answered the genuine questions in a genuine manner (rightly ignoring the last one).

I thought he was an inarticulate, stuttering mess. In a way this disappoints me, as I genuinely thought he might invigorate Scottish Labour as a force for good in Scottish politics. Instead he seems to be even more ill-advised and incompetent than Dugdale. About all I can say that it impressive about him as a leader and a policy-maker is that he’s not Anas Sarwar.

I’m sure he’s pleasant enough in person, and might even have some good ideas, but not of this comes across in his work.

I thought he was an inarticulate, stuttering mess. In a way this disappoints me, as I genuinely thought he might invigorate Scottish Labour as a force for good in Scottish politics. Instead he seems to be even more ill-advised and incompetent than Dugdale. About all I can say that it impressive about him as a leader and a policy-maker is that he’s not Anas Sarwar.
I’m sure he’s pleasant enough in person, and might even have some good ideas, but not of this comes across in his work.

I absolutely disagree.

His style is not a strength, he's definitely not smooth and slick.

But in terms of content, I thought his answers were clear, and more substantive than a lot of the 'professional politician' types.

His answer on the difference between the customs union and the single market showed a clear understanding of the complexities of the issue.

Dugdale was far more slick, but was essentially an empty vessel. In depth political interviews were usually car crash material for anyone that was actually listening. Yes she could hit the sound bites nicely but ultimately she wasn't able enough to handle any sort of questioning.

There's a lot of competition but Leonard is by far the biggest dickhead that has led Scottish Labour. Not the most stupid because he knows exactly what he's doing. 

2 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

There's a lot of competition but Leonard is by far the biggest dickhead that has led Scottish Labour. Not the most stupid because he knows exactly what he's doing. 

He's a duplicitous lying scumbag who has made his mission to lie to people about the competencies of the Scottish parliament hoping enough stupid people don't know he's lying.  Zero hours contracts a good example.

Richard Leonard comparing Sturgeon to Thatcher.  The man is an embarrassment.

Sturgeon and Thatcher are both women, which always seems enough for some Labour folk to justify a really weird comparison. 

Noticed Mhairi Black hitting out at the children’s ward closure.

Leonard can go f**k himself after his shameful reinstatement of Alex Rowley to the Labour Party.

This will be all over the news where we are...... Aye right

So Boris wants to give the nhs an extra 100 mill a week....hold on im sure it was promised more,and its causing a stooshie

Image result for Picture of Boris johnson and the 350 mill