General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

8 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Because it is perceived as an attempt to erase any display of Britishness and an attempt to suppress the identity of vast swathes of Scotland.

Oh. I'll suddenly start caring then. Infact, no, I won't.

Theresa May could get the St. Andrews cross out tomorrow and burn it and I couldn't give a f**k. It's a flag. People who get worked up about flags are for the watching.

Just now, The Chlamydia Kid said:

What about the people that pass public diktat about what flags must be flown from particular buildings on every specific day of the year?

Couldn't give a f**k about them either.

Is there something about my views that you're struggling with here? I'd have thought I was pretty clear.

1 hour ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

What about the people that pass public diktat about what flags must be flown from particular buildings on every specific day of the year?

You're right. What a bunch of nationalistic tossers.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/designated-days-for-union-flag-flying

Because it is perceived as an attempt to erase any display of Britishness and an attempt to suppress the identity of vast swathes of Scotland.  

If you’re being serious, which I’m still unsure of, then that’s the most pathetic post I’ve ever read on this site.

Tragic.

14 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

82% of Scots identify as Scottish not British.  And funnily enough the British government has been trying to do exactly that to scottishness  for years without a cheep from raging wee britnat like you.

14 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

Couldn't give a f**k about them either.

Is there something about my views that you're struggling with here? I'd have thought I was pretty clear.

13 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Who did you vote for in the last Scottish elections?

^^^ This might be the dumbest response to a post I've ever seen on this site.

6 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-42815768?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_politics&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

Crime statistics: Violent crime and sex offences 'rising'

Couldn't be anything to do with those thousands of coppers they let go in England and Wales, could it?

Amazingly enough fire deaths are up by 15% after they cut firefighters by 15%.  Who would have thunk it.  Tories are great.

5 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Fire away with what? Explanations for crime?
Huge Societal/global factors- poverty, culture etc
Political factors- such as the justice approach
Economic factors at both a micro and macro level
Situational factors- opportunity, cctv etc.

Multiple, complex, multi layered influences on crime affecting both individuals and the wider population.

Apportioning it simply to police numbers is farcical.

Sorry, I thought you were saying you knew better.  If you don't know you should just say so.

I didn't say that crime was simply down to police numbers, chum.

Edited by Baxter Parp

16 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I make that 23 days maximum. Absolute disgrace disrespecting the Union Jack like that - shud b flone everyday.

Actually there's only 18

17 UK wide days

14 Royal

10    Royal Birthdays:   Birthday of The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall,  Duke  & Duchess of Cambridge, Duke of York, Princess Royal,  Earl  & Countess of Wessex,

4 Other Royal   Events:    Her Majesty’s Accession, Coronation Day, Official celebration of Her Majesty’s birthday, Her Majesty’s Wedding Day

3 Other Events: 

Commonwealth Day,

Europe Day

emembrance Day 

Plus one of St David’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, St George’s Day, or St Andrew’s Day  as appropriate makes  a total of 18

Opening and closing parliament will add a few more within Greater London

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)