General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

What the f**k is the mother smiling for as well? I understand politicians being emotional and empathy vacuums but I'd have thought the last thing a parent would be doing is smiling over their dying/dead child.

As for clutching the pic of the Queen as well, WTF?

Strange all round.

6 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

What the f**k is the mother smiling for as well? I understand politicians being emotional and empathy vacuums but I'd have thought the last thing a parent would be doing is smiling over their dying/dead child.

Strange all round.

The whole is bizarre. The family's stuff about the NHS "Executing" him, imo at least, saw the whole thing cross over from being a family in turmoil to bordering on attention-seeking. This absolutely bizarre photo op doesn't really change my opinion. 

Just now, Suspect Device said:

Strange all round.

People have been posting prior "compo face" newspaper clippings where his mother used him to get herself in the papers, and for attention on social media. There are also a remarkable number of smiley pictures of her over her dying son's hospital bed.

It's just not a good look at all, and it gets worse the more you look into it, so probably best not to.

Just now, Tynie Pecksniff said:

I have to agree with that.  What happened wasn't in the best interests of the child and he did not have the dignified death he should have had due to the family.

That picture sums the mother up perfectly.

I kind of get Hannah Moore vibes from her tbh. 

27 minutes ago, BFTD said:

That might very well be the grimmest thing on here, and ought to have her constituents questioning her suitability for office.

Are you kidding?  The folk who voted for her will be lapping this up.

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Are you kidding?  The folk who voted for her will be lapping this up.

"Ought to"

I still find it hard to believe that die-hard Tories in Southend could see their MP grinning for a photo op over a dying child, monarchy tat in hand, and think that she seems like a person who'd make good decisions affecting their lives. Putting aside the usual issues of callousness or self-aggrandisement, it's just astonishingly poor judgement.

2 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

The only good thing about that photo is that at least there wasn't a Bible in plain sight. With the Queen, the Union Jakie and the cheesy grins you only needed a Bible to make the four horsemen set complete. 

She has been quoted as saying that her "thoughts and prayers" are with the kid's family, which is the mantra of nogoodniks.

22 minutes ago, BFTD said:

She has been quoted as saying that her "thoughts and prayers" are with the kid's family, which is the mantra of nogoodniks.

"Thoughts and prayers" - the favoured response of Republicans in the USA when a nutter murders kids and teachers in school. Certainly easier than actually DOING something.

If the Tories go full Trump in response to energy bills and the cost of living crisis no doubt we can expect "thoughts and prayers" from the new PM in response to folks' leccy bills. 

2 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

"Thoughts and prayers" - the favoured response of Republicans in the USA when a nutter murders kids and teachers in school. Certainly easier than actually DOING something.

If the Tories go full Trump in response to energy bills and the cost of living crisis no doubt we can expect "thoughts and prayers" from the new PM in response to folks' leccy bills. 

Not just the Republicans.  90% of the Democrats are ‘thoughts and prayers’ sorts.  It almost as if they believe the pish.

"Thoughts and prayers" are only useful in certain circumstances. You don't see many of them offering only thoughts and prayers for the victims of the imaginary hordes of immigrants raping and killing their way across America. That, they're prepared to take urgent action on.

Priorities.

Edit: "cancel culture" too. Laws urgently need to be passed to shield people from criticism of their views. Being shot by the mentally ill, not so much.

Edited by BFTD

Don't know if folk are aware, but that photo is actually from a few months back. The picture of our lizard overlord the Tory bint is holding is a 'platty joobz' certificate, ostensibly so Archie didn't "miss out".

Any guesses which platform strippermaw will livestream the funeral on?

4 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Don't know if folk are aware, but that photo is actually from a few months back. The picture of our lizard overlord the Tory bint is holding is a 'platty joobz' certificate, ostensibly so Archie didn't "miss out".

Any guesses which platform strippermaw will livestream the funeral on?

I figured from the date and the aforementioned platty jewbz tat.

It wouldn't be a lot worse if they'd been posing with his corpse TBH. Maybe if they'd both been eating Cadbury's Snowflakes too?