General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

Face it, she made the tweet before anybody knew he was a nonce.  There's no need for her to delete it.

If the media, political opponents and lefties decide to make it into an issue then it'll only boost her profile, whilst not damaging her at all.

She can always say 'Why would I delete it?  I have nothing to hide.'

She could also say that deleting it would be dishonest.

Edited by Scott Steiner

1 hour ago, Antlion said:

She had the pleasure of meeting him at a charity do once. She said he was surprisingly down to Earth and VERY handsy.

She would have been too old no?

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

It's unbelievable how many people in the public eye don't bother getting their social media history forensically checked or just deleted.

Yeh unbelievable, she will have loads of personal staff for no one to troll through her history is unbelievable.

24 minutes ago, Scott Steiner said:

Face it, she made the tweet before anybody knew he was a nonce.

It was common knowledge in the circles she moved in, I'd be amazed if she didn't know.

Edited by welshbairn

22 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It was common knowledge in the circles she moved in, I'd be amazed if she didn't know.

There may have been chat, rumours etc.. but I think there's something hugely conformist in human psychology that makes people automatically resist/reject certain ideas unless they are deemed acceptable to their peer group.

For every Saville rumour spoken of, you'd likely also have others accusing the rumour peddlers of talking shyte and calling them names in return.  With there not being concrete evidence at the time as well as the media having fawned over Saville for so many years, it'd be hard for yer average person in the 'circle of Truss' to believe them.

Spoiler

'Circle of Truss!'  That was no bad eh?

57 minutes ago, Scott Steiner said:

Face it, she made the tweet before anybody knew he was a nonce.  There's no need for her to delete it.

If the media, political opponents and lefties decide to make it into an issue then it'll only boost her profile, whilst not damaging her at all.

She can always say 'Why would I delete it?  I have nothing to hide.'

She could also say that deleting it would be dishonest.

I bet you Prince Andrew wishes everyone was as forgiving as you, given his trouble with Epstein.

There were millions of folk who thought Savile was the dog's bollocks, for some reason. I'd be more cynical about someone who tried to retrospectively pretend otherwise. As Truss is a fucking moron, it wouldn't surprise me if she genuinely liked Savile and couldn't tell there was something wrong with the stinky old pervert.

Speaking of which, as a kid in the Eighties, I don't think I ever knew anyone who liked Savile. Jim'll Fix It seemed to be more of a show that parents put on for the family to watch rather than something kids actually wanted to see, and Savile always came across as a ghoulish weirdo. Just bizarre, thinking back on it.

4 minutes ago, BFTD said:

There were millions of folk who thought Savile was the dog's bollocks, for some reason. I'd be more cynical about someone who tried to retrospectively pretend otherwise. As Truss is a fucking moron, it wouldn't surprise me if she genuinely liked Savile and couldn't tell there was something wrong with the stinky old pervert.

Speaking of which, as a kid in the Eighties, I don't think I ever knew anyone who liked Savile. Jim'll Fix It seemed to be more of a show that parents put on for the family to watch rather than something kids actually wanted to see, and Savile always came across as a ghoulish weirdo. Just bizarre, thinking back on it.

Completely agree.

9 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I recall a YouTube clip that was a Channel 4 News interview with the late Les McKeown asking where did all the money go.

He went to speak Tam Paton who had been manager of the Rollers and claimed not to know about the money.

On the same clip, Channel 4 News spoke to a well known music insider who explained that the music industry was full of dodgy characters.

That is irony for you.

There may have been chat, rumours etc.. but I think there's something hugely conformist in human psychology that makes people automatically resist/reject certain ideas unless they are deemed acceptable to their peer group.
For every Saville rumour spoken of, you'd likely also have others accusing the rumour peddlers of talking shyte and calling them names in return.  With there not being concrete evidence at the time as well as the media having fawned over Saville for so many years, it'd be hard for yer average person in the 'circle of Truss' to believe them.
Spoiler

'Circle of Truss!'  That was no bad eh?

It’s literally commented upon by Savile himself in the Louis Theroux doc. The idea that some rando weirdo doing docs on the periphery of the culture is aware of it and those in power weren’t is mental.

7 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

It’s literally commented upon by Savile himself in the Louis Theroux doc. The idea that some rando weirdo doing docs on the periphery of the culture is aware of it and those in power weren’t is mental.

I just don't see how that contradicts what I've said though, NTP.

12 hours ago, Kima Greggs said:

I mean, it's pretty much a given that the establishment knew for years.

Little clues like the horrible cúnt being invited to spend every Christmas at Chequers when Thatcher was PM. Easiest dots you'll ever join up, as he was tireless in his promotion of the tories in general and their cúntress-in-chief in particular

To address the idea that we're using hindsight here, btw, anyone who looked at him during the "Charidee Champion" and Jim'll Fix It years and didn't feel there was something wrong there must have been fucking shocked when Freddie Mercury came out. He was an absolute wrong un and could have been used as a training aid for how to spot a sex offender. I moved to Yorkshire in '82 and was surprised, and pleased, to meet so many who shared my disquiet over this scumbag. How he was allowed  continue in plain sight for so long was absolutely shameful - there were more than enough contemporaneous complaints to investigate the cúnt at the time.

42 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Little clues like the horrible cúnt being invited to spend every Christmas at Chequers when Thatcher was PM. Easiest dots you'll ever join up, as he was tireless in his promotion of the tories in general and their cúntress-in-chief in particular

To address the idea that we're using hindsight here, btw, anyone who looked at him during the "Charidee Champion" and Jim'll Fix It years and didn't feel there was something wrong there must have been fucking shocked when Freddie Mercury came out. He was an absolute wrong un and could have been used as a training aid for how to spot a sex offender. I moved to Yorkshire in '82 and was surprised, and pleased, to meet so many who shared my disquiet over this scumbag. How he was allowed  continue in plain sight for so long was absolutely shameful - there were more than enough contemporaneous complaints to investigate the cúnt at the time.

Which one would win the ‘Most Despised Cùnt Award’?

Joint honours maybe?

BB9B2516-4AE4-4050-8340-8F681E8E8DED.jpeg.dca89400e1653f6b4be53851bcc2c5aa.jpeg

https://www.cityam.com/government-to-roll-out-digital-identity-documents-for-pre-employment-checks-from-the-new-year/

Not really too sure what to make of this.

As a result, the Home Office will now enable employers and landlords to use certified Identification Document Validation Technology (IDVT) service providers to carry out digital identity checks on their behalf for many who are not in scope to use the Home Office online services, including British and Irish citizens.

It doesn't help with my understanding of what the endgame is when you read quotes like this which are full of HR speak.

Enabling the use of IDVT for right to work, right to rent and DBS checks, the move hopes to “support long-term post pandemic working practices, accelerate the recruitment and onboarding process, improve employee mobility and enhance the security and integrity of the checks”, according to the government announcement yesterday.

15 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

https://www.cityam.com/government-to-roll-out-digital-identity-documents-for-pre-employment-checks-from-the-new-year/

Not really too sure what to make of this.

It doesn't help with my understanding of what the endgame is when you read quotes like this which are full of HR speak.

As it stands atm for onboarding and DBS we have to see the original documents which is done by either having someone bring them in, send them via post, or video calling someone and having them show us the docs. On the surface it should reduce the time spent acquiring this stuff but never underestimate the ability for this govt to make things like this evil.

4 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

As it stands atm for onboarding and DBS we have to see the original documents which is done by either having someone bring them in, send them via post, or video calling someone and having them show us the docs. On the surface it should reduce the time spent acquiring this stuff but never underestimate the ability for this govt to make things like this evil.

It's the last bit that worries me. Maybe I'm too paranoid.