General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

On 03/10/2021 at 20:49, J_Stewart said:

The number of columnists on this hell island who went full anti-Corbyn and subsequently had their faces eaten by leopards must be in the thousands.

I saved these from Twitter this morning. Neither of these two creeps will regret anything they published but they were definitely rattled. 

That's why Sir Kieth has his standing orders to destroy the Labour movement. 

20211005_113127.jpg

20211005_113121.jpg

23 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I saved these from Twitter this morning. Neither of these two creeps will regret anything they published but they were definitely rattled. 

20211005_113127.jpg

20211005_113121.jpg

I know "Free Press" blah, blah, blah, but it never stops being astonishing that column's like those can be printed in what fashion themselves to be serious newspapers. I'm convinced that if Labour had been 5 points further forward in the polls we'd have had "Jeremy Corbyn ate my Jewish hamster" stories. 

34 minutes ago, Detournement said:

20211005_113127.jpg

20211005_113121.jpg

Says tie wearing unelected member of the House of Lords Baron Moore of Etchingham.

19 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

I know "Free Press" blah, blah, blah, but it never stops being astonishing that column's like those can be printed in what fashion themselves to be serious newspapers. I'm convinced that if Labour had been 5 points further forward in the polls we'd have had "Jeremy Corbyn ate my Jewish hamster" stories. 

He would have got RFK style taken out if he realistically looked like becoming PM. 

25 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Our press is the VIP in the manufactured democracy Britain is. As closed to serious opposition as it's possible to be in a liberal democracy. Ash Sarkar and George Monbiot are like the most extreme left viewpoints that are tolerated and the former spends every day getting racist abuse piped directly into all their social media feeds.

4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

He would have got RFK style taken out if he realistically looked like becoming PM. 

He would've been allowed to govern in name only while every part of the establishment and his own party either downed tools or worked against them.

13 hours ago, Detournement said:

20211005_113127.jpg

20211005_113121.jpg

Have either of these two launched a scathing attack on Boris Johnson for his inability to properly comb his hair.  A total embarrassment on the world stage and hopelessly unpatriotic.

Maybe not.

15 hours ago, Detournement said:

20211005_113127.jpg

20211005_113121.jpg

To be fair you can get a decent coat out of asda for £20-£30 so there's no need for Jezza to get all billy big baws in his flashy clothes. 

The good people of Esher and Walton have elected a man who doesn't understand common words. Morons.

Who came through a law graduate scheme at Linklaters, who I'm sure are a large silver-circle corporate law firm.
And the guy doesn't even understand words.

43 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Who came through a law graduate scheme at Linklaters, who I'm sure are a large silver-circle corporate law firm.
And the guy doesn't even understand words.

He's not actually a lawyer is he? Can you imagine if he had to rely on that for his income :lol:

If it wasn't for the meagre allowance for accomodation and the £4k a year no questions asked expenses (before actual expenses) it would be difficult for these poor guys to to work in London on that pittance. 

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-9148/

Plus 15k extra for committee chairs and junior ministers etc. 

Before any of the usual suspects comes in with the usual "we need good mps" shite, this is how it compares to other government jobs in the London area:

https://uk.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=667e80ed72377631&from=serp

https://uk.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=40283508cd8ad9d7&from=serp

https://uk.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=a034b6c12bb6556c&from=serp

All of which are obviously jobs we'd like complete welts in. 

Oh, and none of the above are jobs where you can work on the side as a hedge fund marketer, arms firm director or reactionary contrarian newspaper columnist. 

Utterly despicable c***s. 

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

If he doesn't like it he can always f**k off and get another job.

Which is usually the advice Tory MPs give to the low paid

I have long maintained MPs should be paid the national average wage, reviewed yearly, plus expenses. With no possibility to advise private companies or in any way have a potential conflict of interest with those of your constituents.

I have long maintained MPs should be paid the national average wage, reviewed yearly, plus expenses. With no possibility to advise private companies or in any way have a potential conflict of interest with those of your constituents.
They did similar with local Councillors and they're still largely fucking morons.

1 minute ago, Day of the Lords said:
3 minutes ago, 101 said:

They did similar with local Councillors and they're still largely fucking morons.

Do they not get paid like £17k or something but yeh I agree doing something about the voting system and stopping sex offenders holding onto their jobs would be a good start to clear out the muck.

Do they not get paid like £17k or something but yeh I agree doing something about the voting system and stopping sex offenders holding onto their jobs would be a good start to clear out the muck.
18k I think with add on for chairing sub committees, expenses etc. If anything the quality of candidates is even worse than it was in the old days.

Incredible that Tory c**t in Aberdeen has been able to brass it out despite being a sex offender [emoji23]

Labour don't have a stream of hard nosed trade union folk coming through with a history of getting stuff done. Politics now seems to be the reserve of largely talentless people which is a shame.

It was nice to see the Lib Dems keep the heat up but doubt he cares.

18k I think with add on for chairing sub committees, expenses etc. If anything the quality of candidates is even worse than it was in the old days.

Incredible that Tory c**t in Aberdeen has been able to brass it out despite being a sex offender [emoji23]
There was proposed legislation for a "qualification " bar to be set for anyone standing to be a Councillor. Unsurprisingly it got nowhere given that's the background of a large number of MSPs.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Labour don't have a stream of hard nosed trade union folk coming through with a history of getting stuff done. Politics now seems to be the reserve of largely talentless people which is a shame.

It was nice to see the Lib Dems keep the heat up but doubt he cares.

This is a deliberate choice that happened in line with loads of economic levers being phased out of democratic political control. Politics is supposed to be alienating and out of touch with ordinary people now.