General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

5 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

driving back up from deepest Ayrshire earlier, at the A737 Howood junction someone has planted a massive UJ (or whatever, it's not on a ship etc etc) in their garden. it flutters by the edge of the road. Its the biggest UJ I think I have seen in what appears to be a private garden. Someone appears to have been triggered by something.....

Ironically, the majority of folk in Scotland probably have more in common with the majority in the rest of the UK in thinking that this is laughable behaviour. I’d imagine your average person in England would cross the street to avoid the kind of feral who feels the need to proclaim, “we’re in political union - look, I’ve even put a huge flag in my garden to prove I don’t want to be independent. Do you like me now?

Britnattery in Scotland really has lurched into classic Irish unionism, and just as with angry and aggressive NI unionists, most of the people to whom they’re trying to prove their loyalty are far too normal to want anything to do with them.

Always amusing when the Nationalists moan about flags. Guy down the road from me that has saltires in his garden STILL has the "Yes" sticker on his window. He is a fat mutant looking stupid b*****d too. 

16 minutes ago, SANTAN said:

Always amusing when the Nationalists moan about flags. Guy down the road from me that has saltires in his garden STILL has the "Yes" sticker on his window. He is a fat mutant looking stupid b*****d too. 

Certainly a much better example than the actual government spending money from the public purse on flagshagging

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Certainly a much better example than the actual government spending money from the public purse on flagshagging

Yeah perhaps they should be more resourceful and just pitch in for projectors to shine big flags and gimmicky messages on buildings like the SNP do! 

2 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

No. It's the UK Gov Britain is GREAT campaign which is an enormous red (white and blue) neck.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/seven-great-years

Ah right so it's part of a wider tourism scheme not quite the same as the flag shagging that was being discussed. 

The scheme looks to have made enough money I'm sure we could afford a few more Union Jack's on the go! 

Edited by SANTAN

Just now, SANTAN said:

Ah right so it's part of a wider tourism scheme not quite the same as the flag shagging that was being discussed. 

Well no I don't think that's right but, if that doesn't float your Royal Yacht then there was all that flags on vaccines shite and their plan to project the butchers apron on to Glasgow landmarks for COP26.

1 hour ago, SANTAN said:

Always amusing when the Nationalists moan about flags.

2 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Well no I don't think that's right but, if that doesn't float your Royal Yacht then there was all that flags on vaccines shite and their plan to project the butchers apron on to Glasgow landmarks for COP26.

Just you wait til you see what they've done to the packets of bacon down at Tesco's...

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/pm-trudeau-expected-to-launch-federal-election-on-sunday-sources-1.5544491

Was hoping to have my Citizenship in time to vote in the next Federal Election, Trudeau has other ideas. Right now I can't vote in any country but hoping Jagmeet Singh wins, Trudeau is a bit shite and the man with the least unlikely Tory name going, Erin O'Toole seems little better. 

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/pm-trudeau-expected-to-launch-federal-election-on-sunday-sources-1.5544491
Was hoping to have my Citizenship in time to vote in the next Federal Election, Trudeau has other ideas. Right now I can't vote in any country but hoping Jagmeet Singh wins, Trudeau is a bit shite and the man with the least unlikely Tory name going, Erin O'Toole seems little better. 
Dissapointed you possibly won't get the chance to do the right thing & vote rhinoceros party.

• 2 weeks later...

More evidence of a planned shift away from economic growth towards rent seeking. It has been called Techno Feudalism by various left wing economists and it's definitely happening.

Economic policy rarely makes any impact for various reasons but I don't see British house buyers (and the parents who often bankroll them) being too happy about having to outbid banks who can create money out of thin air and in this case only exist because of a huge state subsidy.

You will have situations where people are bidding against their mortgage lender which seems like a definite problem.

Edited by Detournement

Just now, scottsdad said:

Ah, the old Tory/Labour/SNP/Alba politician Tasmina Ahmed-Sheikh. What party will she land on next? 

I'm sure she'll have a job with the Reform mob in a wee while.