General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

SQA being scrapped - about time - they've been a law unto themselves for a long, long time now - under both SNP and Labour governments.

The nettle being finally grasped.

I take it something must replace it.  Will it be any different?

Andy Burnham still smarting from the SG's ban on travel to Manchester and Salford.

That ban should be in force all year round, pandemic or not, and should in fact be extended to cover the whole N.W of England. Awful place.

:(

10 hours ago, Avon Barksdale said:

IMG_20210623_222527.thumb.jpg.122ba0e8f8f06b2e6b55c384da1bb954.jpg

Lol

"At Costa coffee today I had to wait 5 minutes for my coffee. When I asked if they could hurry up I was told they were very busy and it would be ready soon.

"Presumably the barista, Miguel, got the memo that on account of my gender critical views I'm fair game for nasty behavior and no one, including my own party, will defend me. It's intolerable."

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

What happened to the monarchy thread? Was it deleted?

Silly you. Liz holds office under the authority of a god, doncha know, therefore any criticism of the institution or the office-bearer is heresy.  We're lucky we're not tied to a stake, feeling uncomfortably warm!

2 hours ago, Wee Willie said:

I posted on it yesterday and someone replied.

I tried to view it today but it said that I don't have permission to view it.

Is it a masonic thing?

Shame. I was going to print it off and put it next to the picture of the Queen I have hanging in the living room.

6 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

"At Costa coffee today I had to wait 5 minutes for my coffee. When I asked if they could hurry up I was told they were very busy and it would be ready soon.

"Presumably the barista, Miguel, got the memo that on account of my gender critical views I'm fair game for nasty behavior and no one, including my own party, will defend me. It's intolerable."

How dare you. I would've served her as normal but written Trans Lives Matter on the cup.