General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

Found it particularly amusing those who were at the ready with their perceptive HoW iS tHIs DiFffEreNt takes re the immigration protest, when quite clearly its because they got fucking leathered, knocked the f**k out the city, nutted the shit out of each other and chanted about ******s etc. That's what was different. 
A 'pleasing' amount of the condemnation was based on the substance and behaviour rather than knicker wetting about covid. 
From a Covid take I think the Currents have a point re the deportation demo. I'm talking purely about the actual behaviour in George Square yesterday leaving Covid totally out of it. It was a total disgrace blatant Sectarian and thuggish behaviour.

I look forward to seeing how this “grown up” Scottish government deal with rampaging yobs trashing Glasgow. My prediction is, that it will be Nicola saying she’s disappointed, followed by an 8 hour Radio Scotland “Rangers title special” with Chick and the lads.

These Holyrood losers can’t even deal with social unrest, yet reckon that they can somehow run a country. One thing that is a given, Rangers will blame Celtic fans and the SNP will somehow manage to blame the English or the Tories.

44 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

I look forward to seeing how this “grown up” Scottish government deal with rampaging yobs trashing Glasgow. My prediction is, that it will be Nicola saying she’s disappointed, followed by an 8 hour Radio Scotland “Rangers title special” with Chick and the lads.

These Holyrood losers can’t even deal with social unrest, yet reckon that they can somehow run a country. One thing that is a given, Rangers will blame Celtic fans and the SNP will somehow manage to blame the English or the Tories.

“Scots are too stupid to govern themselves”.

On 14/05/2021 at 07:59, dirty dingus said:

The Scottish polis need to have a word with yon wee frumpy dumpy midden Patel for trying to insight a riot. Nae Pasaran.

Thank you for reminding me to catch up with this as I did on the BBC iPlayer this evening.

A remarkable reminder of the dignity in doing the right thing.

3 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

You are certainly not wrong with that.

Vocalising hatred of your fellow Scots won’t make your glorious masters down south think any more highly of you. If anything, I suspect a nationalist like Johnson (a proponent of taking back control from political unions) probably has more respect for Sturgeon, on an ideological level, than the self-hating, cringing Little British Witchells who can’t degrade themselves or their despised countrymen enough in their desperate bid to be liked.

Ooh, some delicious tantrums being thrown by the right-wingers at the moment. Delightful to see all pretence being thrown out of the window.

Scotlands Independence is inevitable.

Who would have thought that all those years ago when the SNP were just a fringe party, look at them now, 14 years in Government and re-elected for a fourth term with a landslide victory, where did it all go wrong in Scotland for the tories, labour and the lib dem's, what have they done wrong that have caused the Scottish people to turn their backs on them, well apart from 5 or 6 on here who remain staunchly living in the past.

Edited by SandyCromarty

1 minute ago, SandyCromarty said:

I could be wrong here but aren't you Scottish?

Pretty sure Antlion was summing up Glen Minter's argument there; quite accurately, as it turns out.

It's interesting to see how many of the "Scottish AND British" posters are starting to openly hate Scotland now. It seems Reynard was well ahead of the curve when he started threatening to take to the streets with his shotguns if Scotland ever voted for independence.

5 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Scotlands Independence is inevitable.

Who would have thought that all those years ago when the SNP were just a fringe party, look at them now, 14 years in Government and re-elected for a fourth term with a landslide victory, where did it all go wrong in Scotland for the tories, labour and the lib dem's, what have they done wrong that have caused the Scottish people to turn their backs on them, well apart from 5 or 6 on here who remain staunchly living in the past.

Perpetually inevitable for over 20 years now. Any idea when this inevitable outcome may happen or is it kinda like saying the Sun will eventually die?

6 minutes ago, Pato said:

?

SNP were an ineffective rump for the first half of the parliament's existence. In fact I have gone full circle with Salmond: mocking him as a dafty in the 90s, coming to admire and support him and now back to mocking him again

Supporters of Scottish Independence have been vocally saying it's inevitable before the SNP did so well as a political party. I'm sure the likes of Sandy have been saying it since he was old enough to talk. 

Do you believe it's inevitable and if so have you got a rough timescale?