General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

I recognised a couple of people from some photos who I would definitely categorise as "the radical left" and others would dismiss as "professional protestors" but remarkably these people genuinely do give a shit about the causes they turn up for. 
What a win. A lot of good people turned out today and told the Home Office and their lackeys to f**k off and I hope this gives an impetus to Scotland to continue taking a stand against the barbaric immigration regime that Priti Patel is building.

Come this afternoon, obviously these guys were all there and you can already see the right-wing media and Twitter accounts with Union jacks using those lines.

But the vans can come and go pretty much as quickly as they like. You aren’t getting those guys out at the drop of a hat. The first people to lie down in front of the van were neighbours, friends, passers-by, and that’s the best thing about it for me. Regular people telling the Home Office to f**k off.

A reminder that people genuinely do have power, when they stand together.

Come this afternoon, obviously these guys were all there and you can already see the right-wing media and Twitter accounts with Union jacks using those lines.

But the vans can come and go pretty much as quickly as they like. You aren’t getting those guys out at the drop of a hat. The first people to lie down in front of the van were neighbours, friends, passers-by, and that’s the best thing about it for me. Regular people telling the Home Office to f**k off.

A reminder that people genuinely do have power, when they stand together.
Best thing about it.... Nothing to do with party politics today.

Quite simply, that was MY Scotland on show today.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

"Please respond."

Screenshot 2021-05-13 at 18.47.15.png

I assume this is from someone in Norfolk. England so it's maybe not a surprise he cant spell "won"-the failures of English schooling. I assume he is also a Tory and I even got a late leaflet from our supermarket working class delivery Tory candidate today . It came too late as i had already voted for the good guys ( It was a lady mind you). My late dad was a teenager in the late 20s/early30s in Airdrie and he loved telling us about chasing Baron Dunglass out of the town. ( Douglas Home) . Hard to tell what the turnout is but the polling staff looked bored.  

It can’t be said enough that this Tory government are just truly fucking evil. Inhuman, sociopathic evil.

Their immigration policy is disgusting, we all know this, but when you consider this instance in isolation, that they’ve quite obviously done this in Sturgeon’s constituency to coincide with the Scottish Parliament being sworn in - essentially using two men’s lives to make a political power play - AND doing so within a sizeable Muslim community on the biggest annual celebration in their religion, it really, really exhibits just how truly fucking despicable they are. Those two guys, on what is their equivalent of Christmas, have spent hours on end in the back of a van with no food, water or toilet access, and so heinous is the alternative that we can deem this a success. It’s fucking disgusting and these c***s that have implemented it truly are the fucking scum of the earth.

Two plusses I guess are that (most importantly) the guys have got out, and secondly, incidents like this can surely only increase support for independence every time they occur.

3 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

It can’t be said enough that this Tory government are just truly fucking evil. Inhuman, sociopathic evil.

Their immigration policy is disgusting, we all know this, but when you consider this instance in isolation, that they’ve quite obviously done this in Sturgeon’s constituency to coincide with the Scottish Parliament being sworn in - essentially using two men’s lives to make a political power play - AND doing so within a sizeable Muslim community on the biggest annual celebration in their religion, it really, really exhibits just how truly fucking despicable they are. ]

I genuinely don't think any of this was chosen on purpose. I am much more inclined to think that some jobsworth just has a fucking... list and is so devoid of empathy or understanding in his work it was just another box to tick. Probably never even knew it was Eid. 

Most of the time it always appears to be incompetence over malice.

Although, even if I am correct and someone was just doddling along without thinking, it's still a massive fault of the Tory government that not a single person in that decision making chain realised what was happening or that they don't have any kind of safeguard to stop it

I genuinely don't think any of this was chosen on purpose. I am much more inclined to think that some jobsworth just has a fucking... list and is so devoid of empathy or understanding in his work it was just another box to tick. Probably never even knew it was Eid. 

Most of the time it always appears to be incompetence over malice.

Although, even if I am correct and someone was just doddling along without thinking, it's still a massive fault of the Tory government that not a single person in that decision making chain realised what was happening or that they don't have any kind of safeguard to stop it

I 100% believe it was intentional, and for two reasons. I truly don’t believe that pure incompetence leads to 8 different home office ministers being completely unavailable for hours on end, and when one is eventually sourced it’s the most junior who basically dicks the SG around. That screams of a concerted effort to ignore the SG and then fob them off when they just don’t go away.

Secondly, and with the main crux of my first post, they are fucking evil scum with motivation to do horrible things in a misguided attempt to get one over on the First Minister. Never, ever underestimate the depths this Tory Government will stoop to.

Strangely the home office liking tweets showing Israelis on the rampage.

Delighted to see the druids back down in the face of public, political and police pressure. You really do need to give yourself a shake if the polis are saying you should let someone go.

Screenshot_20210513-220401.jpg

5 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

I 100% believe it was intentional, and for two reasons. I truly don’t believe that pure incompetence leads to 8 different home office ministers being completely unavailable for hours on end, and when one is eventually sourced it’s the most junior who basically dicks the SG around. That screams of a concerted effort to ignore the SG and then fob them off when they just don’t go away.

100% with you that all the home ministers being available was a lie but that was due to the f**k up that had happened they all turnt tail and hid. If there was a concerted effort for this to happen today I doubt they thought that half the city would turn up and make it a massive news story

Agree with the above. This absolutely reeks of that utter cuntress Patel trying to make a "look who's boss" statement. That the local community squarely told her and the home office to f**k right off is nothing short of magnificent. Gammon arseholes whining about the "rule of law" can f**k right off as well.

Echo the congratulations to Weegies, proud of you today.

As for the Tories, I thought I was meant to get milder with age but I find my total hatred of Tory voters and politicians growing by the day. Imagine voting for sub-human scum like that cos flegs. Heartless wanks each and every man, woman and non-binary person who votes for them.