General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

A Home Office immigration raid, targeting Sturgeon's constituency [emoji848] It's a good job I'm not a suspicious person.
I hope you're not suggesting that tomorrow's strapline in the Torygraph/Heil/Express will be :-
"Priti Removes Illegal Horde From Sturgeon Heartland".

26 minutes ago, GiGi said:

The most disturbing part was that Humza Yousaf couldn't get anyone at the home office to tell them what was going on. 

The FM also couldn't get anybody from "team uk" to speak 

It's because Blackford is a Hibs fan.
The anti Hibernian agenda, the last acceptable form of bigotry, has now permeated society after being allowed to fester for far too long by the moderators of this forum.

Indeed

We should be reaching out with compassion as opposed to contempt towards those people

the plight of the capital’s smack addicted inbred pegseller community is quite tragic enough without the prejudice of society at large

16 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Indeed

We should be reaching out with compassion as opposed to contempt towards those people

the plight of the capital’s smack addicted inbred pegseller community is quite tragic enough without the prejudice of society at large

Quite.

One possible solution is stiffer sentencing for the capital's rover driving, cardigan wearing, puddle drinking community.

3 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Hope they stop this. Have seen Humza Yousaf and Sturgeon speaking out as well which is nice. f**k the Home Office and f**k the police.

To be fair to the police, they were there to maintain public order and made the call that the two local residents should be released from the custody of the Home Office and to go back into the care of their community. My reading is that they took the lead from a Scottish perspective and not the idiotic Home Office. 

Another reason why independence is so important.

10 minutes ago, Saltire said:

To be fair to the police, they were there to maintain public order and made the call that the two local residents should be released from the custody of the Home Office and to go back into the care of their community. My reading is that they took the lead from a Scottish perspective and not the idiotic Home Office. 

Another reason why independence is so important.

Imagine ScotGov got in contact with the chief constable to tell him that if things went south, not to bother looking for support from them...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/may/13/cruel-paranoid-failing-priti-patel-inside-the-home-office

Cruel, paranoid, failing: inside the Home Office

For the thousands of people who end up on the wrong side of the Home Office each year, there is often a sudden moment of disbelief. This can’t be happening, people tell themselves. They can’t do this, can they?

Pertinent. 

What a photo!
kymo71214xy61.jpg?width=960%26crop=smart%26auto=webp%26s=5acf2d7f7b3cdf1d235f2ab817583667505cfd52&key=e70e7435f9067e58a80abe4a372f3f60a51b5f525b476b20f8908d6eeb714b52

I’m a cynical ghoul normally but this has genuinely warmed my heart. It wasn’t ‘professional protestors’ or ‘the radical left’ that stopped that van whisking the two lads away this morning, it was just neighbours and the local community telling the Home Office to get to f**k.

A small win, in the grand scheme of it. Undoubtedly they’ll be back. But sometimes you just need to see the little man get a win.

7 minutes ago, Paco said:

I’m a cynical ghoul normally but this has genuinely warmed my heart. It wasn’t ‘professional protestors’ or ‘the radical left’ that stopped that van whisking the two lads away this morning, it was just neighbours and the local community telling the Home Office to get to f**k.

A small win, in the grand scheme of it. Undoubtedly they’ll be back. But sometimes you just need to see the little man get a win.

I heard the outcome of this via John Beattie as he read out a tweet from the police in the middle of an interview with Alison Thewliss. Having expected what I thought was an inevitable and different outcome, such was my joy that I shed a tear.

The police were chiefly responsible for resolving the situation so for my taste the foregoing remarks on this thread lumping them in with the home office are ill judged indeed. 

22 minutes ago, Paco said:

I recognised a couple of people from some photos who I would definitely categorise as "the radical left" and others would dismiss as "professional protestors" but remarkably these people genuinely do give a shit about the causes they turn up for. 

What a win. A lot of good people turned out today and told the Home Office and their lackeys to f**k off and I hope this gives an impetus to Scotland to continue taking a stand against the barbaric immigration regime that Priti Patel is building.