General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

12 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Something for Hibees of a certain age but I thought Houchenism is the art of lumbering about aimlessly, failing to put easy chances away and missing penalties in UEFA cup ties.

1 hour ago, Baxter Parp said:

After years of pumping money into Tory areas and starving Labour run local authorities of cash, the Tories and their media have now successfully weaponised this to their advantage.

This will continue post brexit and covid, with Labour run councils blamed for any downturn.

The Labour party will of course agree with the Tories and offer a snivelling apology for being so shit.

Something for Hibees of a certain age but I thought Houchenism is the art of lumbering about aimlessly, failing to put easy chances away and missing penalties in UEFA cup ties.
Maybe, but after scoring one in an FA Cup tie, he'll always be the People's Hero in York.

48 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The Tories have been in power for 11 years. They are blaming Labour for Tory austerity. Unbelievable. 

I sorta get the attaching the things they like about neoliberalism (higher home ownership etc) to the Tories and the bits they don't to New Labour, but just forgetting who has been in power the last 11 years (which seems to be pretty common) is what I don't get 

57 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The Tories have been in power for 11 years. They are blaming Labour for Tory austerity. Unbelievable. 

Labour have been in power there at local level for years. If the residents don't have the 1st clue whether the local council or central government is responsible for their shitty situation, then that is undoubtedly the fault of the Labour party.

Of course, the BBC reporter smiling and nodding like a simpleton instead of correcting them is another not unexpected story.

I sorta get the attaching the things they like about neoliberalism (higher home ownership etc) to the Tories and the bits they don't to New Labour, but just forgetting who has been in power the last 11 years (which seems to be pretty common) is what I don't get 

Labour councils implementing cuts are going to partially take the blame, rightly or wrongly. They deserve it if they don’t even attempt to put up a fight. Look up here at how Matt Kerr’s colleagues reacted to him walking out of budget cuts votes.

2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Labour councils implementing cuts are going to partially take the blame, rightly or wrongly. They deserve it if they don’t even attempt to put up a fight. Look up here at how Matt Kerr’s colleagues reacted to him walking out of budget cuts votes.

The Tories have cut central funding to councils by 60% in a decade.

Labour can obviously communicate better but that people don't understand this is primarily a failure of the state broadcaster (or being honest a success). 

2 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Mildly disappointed that Lozza Fox got more votes than Count Binface.

Aye, but what was the Count's advertising budget? I saw a load of his adverts online.

Wait, I mean 'the c**t'. I saw a load of the c**t's adverts online. Binface, not so much.

5 hours ago, NotThePars said:
Meanwhile on Normal Island we're bringing the calipers out

No doubt I'm being exceptionally thick here, but is that claiming that a third of the voters in Bury are Jewish?  :blink:

6 hours ago, tamthebam said:

There's a part of the area I grew up in that will be forever Houchen.

FriendlyPoshArcticwolf-max-1mb.gif