General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

42 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

To save deraling the other thread, does anyone else think that self id is a bad idea?

I do.

To save my eyes from bleeding I’m going to put you on ignore.

58 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

To save deraling the other thread, does anyone else think that self id is a bad idea?

I do.

I don't regard this as "general politics" so I'd humbly suggest you start a thread dedicated to it.

1 hour ago, Stinky Bone said:

Thank you for the suggestion.

I do not think I am popular enough though. 

I started a thread the other day and if I post something that doesn't get downvoted within 30 mins by one of the main players I assume their internet is down. It's not a popularity contest - it's mostly anonymous VLs on a pretty niche subforum on a football website talking about stuff. 

I think the issue might be more that you're worried that it'll get torn to threads and you'll be exposed for what you are. 

Only one way to find out 👍 

Edited by madwullie

2 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Why are you posting about it continually, you utter wrong 'un?

Quite amusing that he feigned stupidity for weeks to dodge the issue, then suddenly everything became about cocks and fannies within seconds of the Alba Party revealing their obsession with gender politics.

It was quite funny on the STV News all the party leaders having their say on Phils departure, went round the various parties but the Tories could not come up with one. The Mooth must be on a better day rate in the lords & Dross is not a member what a state of affairs.

17 minutes ago, peternapper said:

It was quite funny on the STV News all the party leaders having their say on Phils departure, went round the various parties but the Tories could not come up with one. The Mooth must be on a better day rate in the lords & Dross is not a member what a state of affairs.

I thought this was curious as well. Maybe as they are having a leaders debate tomorrow they were not sure who would be turning up. Or perhaps they did not want to show the Annabel Goldie's tartan knickers clip from the Baroness. Or it could be that Galloway is right that the MSM in Scotland are in the clutches of the dreaded "separatists" and missing out the precious union saver.

1 hour ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I thought this was curious as well. Maybe as they are having a leaders debate tomorrow they were not sure who would be turning up. Or perhaps they did not want to show the Annabel Goldie's tartan knickers clip from the Baroness. Or it could be that Galloway is right that the MSM in Scotland are in the clutches of the dreaded "separatists" and missing out the precious union saver.

The man dished out so much of that patronising shit that you forget about the individual occasions.

There was an episode of HIGNFY years ago where they showed a few quotes from the DoE about his opinions on foreigners, and it was met with uproarious laughter. As mentioned by the panel at the time, the audience would have given anyone else pelters.

5 minutes ago, BFTD said:

The man dished out so much of that patronising shit that you forget about the individual occasions.

There was an episode of HIGNFY years ago where they showed a few quotes from the DoE about his opinions on foreigners, and it was met with uproarious laughter. As mentioned by the panel at the time, the audience would have given anyone else pelters.

Indeed and I found Wee Wullie Rennie's defence of DoE as not being offensive also quite curious today, after all WWR's complaints about people being divisive.

Delightful to think of American corporations being heavily involved in mental health here, considering how they approach the issue in the States.