General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

12 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

All that says is that sometimes they being a lazy p***k rather than an outright p***k.

Oh I'm not offering that up as redemption in any way. Patel was the only one I checked with any green against her interestingly having voted against hereditary peerage IIRC. 

I was just looking for the worst c**t of the worst c***s and its no surprise he leads the way 

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/conservative-party-tories-illegally-profiled-ethnicity-and-religion-10-million-voters-says-information-commissioner-3113823

Conservative Party: Tories ‘illegally’ profiled ethnicity and religion of 10 million voters, says information commissioner
The Conservative Party had “no legal basis” to collect data from millions of UK voters, according to the head of the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).

The only decent interview I've seen in the last couple of years was Richard fucking Madeley of all people simply cut off some Tory welt who kept evading a question. Brilliant stuff. Oh and I completely forget the interviewer's name but Kez Dugdale was interviewed in the run up to the last Holyrood election. He ripped her up for arsepaper to such an extent I almost felt sorry for her. 

58 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

The only decent interview I've seen in the last couple of years was Richard fucking Madeley of all people simply cut off some Tory welt who kept evading a question. Brilliant stuff. Oh and I completely forget the interviewer's name but Kez Dugdale was interviewed in the run up to the last Holyrood election. He ripped her up for arsepaper to such an extent I almost felt sorry for her. 

Dugdale always came across as shockingly weak even when delivering speeches, so a group of inquisitive children could have torn her to pieces.

Still stunned that they made her leader in Scotland. Surely to f**k somebody could have taken her aside at some point and said, "look, I know you've got your heart set on this, but politics really isn't for you".

Today is a sad day my friend has told me she doesn't feel safe in Scotland. I have spent the day absolutely fuming at these shitty amendments, why Scotland can't just leaving the Transphobes behind just as I presume we left the Homophobes behind. Instead they are running the show I cant vote for anyone who backs this so as it stands I will have to spoil both my ballots come May.

Screenshot_20210127-123327.jpg

19 minutes ago, 101 said:

Today is a sad day my friend has told me she doesn't feel safe in Scotland. I have spent the day absolutely fuming at these shitty amendments, why Scotland can't just leaving the Transphobes behind just as I presume we left the Homophobes behind. Instead they are running the show I cant vote for anyone who backs this so as it stands I will have to spoil both my ballots come May.

Haven't been following it closely but Liam Kerr is a Tory and his amendment is not supported by the Government and won't pass. 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Haven't been following it closely but Liam Kerr is a Tory and his amendment is not supported by the Government and won't pass. 

I still don't know how an elected official can have the views he has. I still think Humzas amendments is ridiculous, why protect those critical of Trans identity issues. I don't know how you could be critical of their identity without being abusive. 89% of Trans people have had suicidal thoughts we should be doing everything we can to make it clear abusing Trans people is not on.

4 minutes ago, 101 said:

I still don't know how an elected official can have the views he has. I still think Humzas amendments is ridiculous, why protect those critical of Trans identity issues. I don't know how you could be critical of their identity without being abusive. 89% of Trans people have had suicidal thoughts we should be doing everything we can to make it clear abusing Trans people is not on.

I haven't been following it, but why they thought this would be a good time to argue out a hate crime bill and exceptions to it is beyond me. Making it illegal to say what you believe is a fucking minefield, even when it can be justified on harm caused.

2 hours ago, 101 said:

Your friend is an idiot.

9 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

No, I mean really.

I'm not Trans so I'm not going to speak for them but I can imagine in a country where you already have a vast majority of Trans people being verbally assaulted and over a third physically assaulted that a bill that removed protection from Trans identity it will add to the hostile feeling that is already wide spread.