General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

3:45 Kampala  Going ( corrupt, violent in places)  

1. Yoweri Museveni, National Resistance Movement    

2 Bobi Wine, National Unity Platform             

3 John Katumba, Independent

4 Willy Mayambala, Independent

5 Fred Mwesigye, Independent

6 Henry Tumukunde, Independent

7 Joseph Kabuleta, Independent

8 Nancy Kalembe, Independent

9 Patrick Oboi Amuriat, Forum for Democratic Change

10 Mugisha Muntu, Alliance for National Transformation

11 Norbert Mao, Democratic Party

Odds:  Museveni Evens, Wine 11/10. 33/1 the field

The way in which the free school meals has been outsourced is an absolute disgrace. I appreciate that the sourcing, packing and distribution of the hampers costs money but surely these types of contracts should be going to not for profits.

Compass, G4S, Serco etc are a fucking scourge on society.

I remember reading something about this before. The mothers and baby homes story coming from Ireland. 9,000 dead children, 15% of the kids that were in these places. 

I don't know how a country deals with something as bad as that. I thought the statement from Micheál Martin was pretty good. I'm now reading that the victims aren't happy, they say it's not good enough.  

The comments here are quite hard hitting.

https://www.thejournal.ie/catherine-corless-mother-and-baby-homes-legislation-half-hearted-response-5323550-Jan2021/

45 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

oh bloody hell so it is! wow I hate it when that happens. I still feel like the mid 90s was at most 10 years ago.

The mid 00s is the scary one for me. Feels like yesterday then you realise there are literal adults alive today who can barely remember parts of it because they were toddlers. There are people eligible to vote who hadn't started primary school on the day Tony Blair resigned as prime minister.

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

The mid 00s is the scary one for me. Feels like yesterday then you realise there are literal adults alive today who can barely remember parts of it because they were toddlers. There are people eligible to vote who hadn't started primary school on the day Tony Blair resigned as prime minister.

My brief foray into teaching had me teaching 9/11 to children who weren't alive when it happened. Was when it was over me, I reckon.

4 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

I remember reading something about this before. The mothers and baby homes story coming from Ireland. 9,000 dead children, 15% of the kids that were in these places. 

I don't know how a country deals with something as bad as that. I thought the statement from Micheál Martin was pretty good. I'm now reading that the victims aren't happy, they say it's not good enough.  

The comments here are quite hard hitting.

https://www.thejournal.ie/catherine-corless-mother-and-baby-homes-legislation-half-hearted-response-5323550-Jan2021/

Saying the whole of society has to take the blame is deflecting from FF, FG and the Roman Catholic Church.

2 hours ago, NotThePars said:

My brief foray into teaching had me teaching 9/11 to children who weren't alive when it happened. Was when it was over me, I reckon.

.. nor do they have any early memory of Scotland qualifying for a major tournament.  Lucky them!

49 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Pleased to see that LyleTaylor is refusing to ‘take the knee’ on  the grounds that BLM is a nasty organisation.

He’ll be overjoyed to have all the right wing nutjobs like Farage rimming him on Twitter I suppose, despite him being absolutely against white supremacy and actually very much in favour of the Black Lives Matter cause, though.

8 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Lads... you can't expect us to come up with a strategy to feed poor children without using it as an excuse to funnel huge amounts of public cash into our wives cousins private company.

Lol, c'mon.

Tory donor and beneficiary of this ripoff scheme Paul Walsh dislikes this.