General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

10 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Its like the comments section of the Daily Mail.  A parody of itself.  I hope.  

I know it's just the same hose he used to turn on Tories (when he was still a p***k tbf) but the hatred on display there is genuinely hard to read.

Like which person who's generally in favour of trans rights but maybe could be swayed by an argument against specific legislation is going to be persuaded by some spittle-flecked "destroying the very concept of biological sex" obvious crank material? I haven't read much if any of his recent stuff, is it always that bad?

5 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

I know it's just the same hose he used to turn on Tories (when he was still a p***k tbf) but the hatred on display there is genuinely hard to read.

Like which person who's generally in favour of trans rights but maybe could be swayed by an argument against specific legislation is going to be persuaded by some spittle-flecked "destroying the very concept of biological sex" obvious crank material? I haven't read much if any of his recent stuff, is it always that bad?

I try and avoid it.  But he is increasingly approaching incel/ pizzagate territory on a regular basis.  

Edited by Savage Henry

3 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Utterly toxic wee c**t. Needs to be as far away from the next referendum as possible.

The SNP might have scrubbed out any radical left politics from the independence campaign but they've also made Wings and his nutjobs irrelevant so it's impossible to say if they're bad or not

21 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Farage is probably the most successful single issue manipulator of proportional representation that the country has seen. Could never find a constituency where a majority would vote for him after multiple attempts, but was great at bringing village idiots together from  around the country for Euro elections to put the fear of God into Cameron and making him agree to the referendum under extreme pressure from his own ERG/UKIP lite members.

Farage was also helped by the change in the voting system for Euro elections.

I would quite like him to be involved in the next Indyref campaign.
You would be happy to see someone peddling his brand of hate publicly, get even more publicity, because it might harm an unrelated cause?

What an absolute class act you must be.

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You would be happy to see someone peddling his brand of hate publicly, get even more publicity, because it might harm an unrelated cause?

What an absolute class act you must be.

It’s not that long since he was the darling of the nats. What a class act they must have been.

37 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

It’s not that long since he was the darling of the nats. What a class act they must have been.

Well aye. He's turned from Paul Weller in The Jam into Paul Weller in The Style Council. Hero to zero, with dodgy trans views in place of dodgy blue eyed soul.

Shit happens.

9 minutes ago, speckled tangerine said:

Well aye. He's turned from Paul Weller in The Jam into Paul Weller in The Style Council. Hero to zero, with dodgy trans views in place of dodgy blue eyed soul.

Shit happens.

A decent analogy although Weller remained a smug p***k during The Jam/Style Council transition. I was there!

7 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Irony here is that remove Campbell's views on the constitution and he's the type of reactionary wee creep that would be right up Glenny's street.

Do you reckon? I don’t think so. Anyway, you all loved him not that long ago along with a few other high profile “Indy types” that seem to have also lost their way.