General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

1 hour ago, Blootoon87 said:
14 hours ago, doulikefish said:
Loads of tories standing up and given speeches about why the kids from the poor and needy should not have a school meal over xmas should be played on a loop the shower of c***s 

How evil and twisted do you have to be to vote to starve children?! Those c***s have blood on their hands.

tory fuckin scum, lower than snakes bellies.

Just now, ICTJohnboy said:

Can't understand why so many seem so surprised that the Tory govt is behaving just like a Tory govt.

I don’t think anyone is surprised, just the usual levels of disgust. Even the Tories usually have more tact than to just outright say “we don’t think children are worth feeding”

58 minutes ago, trainspotter said:

Someone obviously thought, wrongly, that the best way to shut Marcus Rashford up was to chuck him an MBE.

57 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

I'm still disappointed Rashford took the MBE, he should have told them to ram it up their arse.

Rashford takes a medal from the Windsor family and thinks that allows him to be listened too by a Tory government. Get real Markus!

"he should have told them to ram it up their arse" that's mair like it but numpties like that are easily conned.

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I'm loving the gammon defence of "it's not up to the state to feed kids"

The same gammons who constantly lose their shit when their beloved veterans are left to rot by the government.

They always appeal to the mythical World War Two veteran who would apparently be more mad about something called "critical race theory" despite the well documented evidence of World War Two vets returning home fucking furious at the state of the shit society they'd fought to defend. I genuinely wonder how many of the gammons are actually aware that Churchill got promptly emptied within weeks of VE day.

They're just doing what their principal constituency, facebook radicalised pensioners, want. The real fun and games will begin when they have to break the triple lock.
yes; pensioners.
At the risk of triggering Old Man Danger, this is spot on. The nick pensioners get themselves into when you tell them that SRP is a social security benefit is absolutely wonderful. Apparently it's being increased by the smallest possible amount this year, I'm sure that will be the fault of (in no particular order) immigrants, single mums and BLM.

48 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

They always appeal to the mythical World War Two veteran who would apparently be more mad about something called "critical race theory" despite the well documented evidence of World War Two vets returning home fucking furious at the state of the shit society they'd fought to defend. I genuinely wonder how many of the gammons are actually aware that Churchill got promptly emptied within weeks of VE day.

The relatives that I knew (sadly all now gone) that actually had to fight in ww1 or ww2, absolutely loathed any kind of jingoistic pish.

They never wore their medals, didn't do uniforms or flag waving, hated poppy time, couldnae stand Churchill, wished Vera Lynn had been throttled at birth, and no doubt would have been scunnered by the whole Captain Tom stunt. 

I have no doubt they would have despised the gammony Britnat/ Brexit crowd.

The relatives that I knew (sadly all now gone) that actually had to fight in ww1 or ww2, absolutely loathed any kind of jingoistic pish.
They never wore their medals, didn't do uniforms or flag waving, hated poppy time, couldnae stand Churchill, wished Vera Lynn had been throttled at birth, and no doubt would have been scunnered by the whole Captain Tom stunt. 
I have no doubt they would have despised the gammony Britnat/ Brexit crowd.
Agreed. This is my admittedly limited experience of WW2 veterans.

I imagine most of them would identify with fighting against something, and now they are all gone the narrative is spin to them fighting for something, some pishy notion of Britishness.

My grandparents knowledge of WW2 is very limited as they were 5&6 when it finished and their parents rarely spoke about it, think my grandad said his dad would only mention the war if someone brought it up but would change subject immediately.

There does seem to be a generational thing where people born 1950-1960 seem to walk around with a sense of entitlement about it for whatever reason.

Rashford is almost definitely going to end up in politics after he retires. The sheer rage he induced in tories is unbelievable.

Might be a few awkward Tory supporters of Man United at old Trafford when were able to re-enter football grounds.