General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

8 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Whit? Buckingham Palace saying it's a matter for the people of Barbados? Not even a wee suggestion that they should  'think carefully about the future'?

She's losing her touch.

I can only assume this is to pave the way for Queen Rihanna.
Cracking speech from their Governor General:

Expect some tabloid papers to start printing some scandalously stories about her soon or ask for a boycott of her records as some sort of punishment for the island’s treasonous behaviour!

51 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
7 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

It's a bit funny that. But then see once the laughs wear off and you realise it's the country most of England voted for and will vote for again it's a wee bit sombre eh.

I’m not sure ‘most’ of England did, though it would be close.  FPTP is totally indefensible.

49 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
50 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:
That's the funny bit. They do this to themselves.

And see once we remove ourselves from the situation... Oh how I will laugh as they burn their country to the country

Aye there’s a temptation to laugh until you realise the millions who didn’t vote for this shower of cùnts will also suffer.

I’d like to think that an independent Scotland will show the rest of the people in the U.K. what possible.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

He's been their leader for 9 years. Even in a nothing party like the Scottish Lib Dems, that's good going

Their party is so small, that any plot to oust Rennie would need to include Rennie himself just to make up the numbers.

28 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:
He's been their leader for 9 years. Even in a nothing party like the Scottish Lib Dems, that's good going

The media loves nothing better than permanent faux indignation coming from a nice boy your granny would like.

I don't think the media give a f**k. I can't remember the last time I heard him get airtime to moan about anything. Seriously, it seems months since I've even heard his name mentioned. 

It's all about that Cole-Hamilton dude now.

35 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Cole-Hamilton is a fucking w****r of the highest order.

He’s my MSP, and I despise him - I think I might actually dislike him more than any other politician, alive or dead, in the entire world. 

Back in my postie days he and his wife lived on my walk round the corner from Meadowbank. This must have been on the run up to the Scottish elections in 2007. It must have been his first go at getting elected and his missus was standing too. The election material was a good earner then and you'd post it through with all the other households. 

He lived on in a ground floor flat and I'd posted some election stuff through his door before delivering up the rest of the stair. When I came back down this wide eyed lunatic was standing there hand outstretched with an SNP and Labour flyer wanting me to take them back. I said no bother not really wanting to engage and an easy life before getting on. Then he starts asking me about who I was going to vote for and who everybody in the delivery office was voting for. I told him, although it was nothing to do with him I was voting SNP and that a few round the d.o. were thinking the same.

He then went on a bizarre rant about how "Salmond was a danger" and how the Liberal Democrats were the only option. I made my excuses and left.

It was only some time later (he lost) I saw him on some show years later and realised who the bam had been. A very strange guy.