General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

Tbf, teaching kids about rimming with nutella with probably help prevent anyone else trying it with tiger balm or deep heat. I wish they'd taught that when I was at school.

I think he means teachers are demonstrating the sexual arts to primary school pupils using bananas and nutella, rather than actually performing it in front of them. Not sure what they use for the ring piece, maybe a pineapple slice?

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I think he means teachers are demonstrating the sexual arts to primary school pupils using bananas and nutella, rather than actually performing it in front of them. Not sure what they use for the ring piece, maybe a pineapple slice?

Since when did the guidance go out to teachers about switching from practical to figurative demonstrations?

Bloody SNP ruining education and turning all our kids into bumbling sexual incompetents :angry:

**Policy Interlude**

A policy I'd like to see implemented is for younger folk to be more fairly treated by the minimum wage - by one or other of the governments topping up the mandatory minimum wage that employers must pay them, to the full 25s-and-over minimum wage amount.

I can see why they allow employers to pay young folk less, because otherwise firms may not take on inexperienced staff and we don't want a wasted generation of unemployed youngsters, but young workers are adults and do face many of the same costs as the rest of us.

Since the living/minimum wage is government policy, it is their responsibility to ensure that it is applied to people fairly.

(Could be a good starter policy for the Lib Dems and Sir Ed.)

I know it was mentioned, but the continued breakdown of Andrew Neil is some viewing. Guy has been blasted on the Glenlivet and rage tweeting for about 2 weeks straight now. 

Also, despite having a Swedish wife he had no clue that Sweden didn't use the Euro.

Do contributors to the Eye's letters page still find the feeblest of excuses to prompt them to print that photo of Andrew Neil that he tried to block?

Yes, I need to just get back to buying it myself, I know.

Spoiler

andrew-neil.jpg