General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

5 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Mark Francois twitter and facebook pages have disappeared.....in his 50s and was a minister albeit a junior one 

In a party of c***s he comes across as an absolute c**t so it would be of no surprise in the slightest. My sweepstake wouldn't be coming in though which is a shame.

He never had a Twitter account in the first place and it looks like he has two Facebook accounts - one is active and one is blank. A Twitter gossip frenzy by the looks of it, probably fed by the fact that most people loathe the little creep. 

27 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

He never had a Twitter account in the first place and it looks like he has two Facebook accounts - one is active and one is blank. A Twitter gossip frenzy by the looks of it, probably fed by the fact that most people loathe the little creep. 

The parody Twitter account (Mark ne Francois pas ) is quite funny.

One thing I’ve learnt from this is how many members of the SNP worryingly support Joanna Cherry and no doubt would support her if she stood for leadership.

2 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Until the suspect is - officially - named, I reckon the best option is to consider all Tory MPs less those excluded by reasons of age or lack of past ministerial rank as potential rape suspects.

That narrows it down to 70 or 80 of them...only sensible really.

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

Euan "UKOK" McColm appealing for crowdfund support for a friend's daughter suffering on the pointy end of universal credit is a look.

https://mobile.twitter.com/euanmccolm/status/1289829980763910144

Broad shoulders, better together, you can't afford independence....oh shit...

Any particular reason why no P&B'ers appear to be suggesting Mark "oi, Sugar Tits, nip out and buy the wife a selection of dildos" Garnier as a candidate for non-supended, allegedly rapey sitting Tory MP and former junior minister?

Seems to tick all the boxes for a likely candidate. I'd love it to be Francois though.

Guest Bob Mahelp
On 02/08/2020 at 15:43, thisal said:

I'm not really in the know about the inner workings of the SNP. But looking from the outside it seems there is a small group in the SNP looking to rock the boat. They seem to rely on the unionist community to publicise their agenda. The Times print some speculation and it's retweeted by the unionist community.

I think it's fair enough to say that the biggest danger to the momentum of the Yes campaign are self-absorbed fuckwits like Salmond, Cherry, MacAskill and Sillars. 

As an SNP member, I'll be livid if the nutcase wing of the SNP does anything to rock the boat. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I think it's fair enough to say that the biggest danger to the momentum of the Yes campaign are self-absorbed fuckwits like Salmond, Cherry, MacAskill and Sillars. 

As an SNP member, I'll be livid if the nutcase wing of the SNP does anything to rock the boat. 

Its just the usual muppets arguing with each other on twitter apart from that no one in the real world cares.

On the plus side it stopped them arguing over transgenders just now

You've just written off some of the folk who've carried the movement to the place it is now.

Disagree and argue with their views, but we're close to independence because of folk like salmond, sillars, and macaskill.

8 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Aye, that's the one.

I'm not sure what your point is.

I don't agree with everything he says or everything he's done but Margo and him did a huge amount to bring the movement to the point where it is now.

Whilst this is undeniable, there are some that don't want to acknowledge these past achievements as doing so would make it much harder to rubbish anything that these individuals are now saying.  Basically as soon as they don't bow to the current leadership they are a liability that is best ignored Or ridiculed.

How anyone can seriously state that someone like Salmond has been anything but a driver towards independence is beyond me.  The guy carried the SNP for years.

Edited by strichener