General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

28 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

"Lynn, idea for an early evening show on BBC Scotland: The Jackson Five. Jackson Carlow provides a light hearted look at the day's news headlines."

"I'm sure the channel will think that's a very strong pitch, Alan. But Youth Hostelling with Chris Eubank has got that slot sown up".

It looks like the Better Together team are circling the wagons. As well as the Baillie and Carlaw stuff, we now have Davidson in the media again:

"Mistakes have been made, and one of these was not sticking the boot in after the 2014 referendum," she told the Sunday Times.

Where to start on that? The media will be all over the 'sticking the boot in' comment, won't they? Imagine if an SNP representative had said that. Might appeal to the Unionist core vote right enough. Anyway, she's had her turn at being stuck in charge...

3 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

It looks like the Better Together team are circling the wagons. As well as the Baillie and Carlaw stuff, we now have Davidson in the media again:

"Mistakes have been made, and one of these was not sticking the boot in after the 2014 referendum," she told the Sunday Times.

Where to start on that? The media will be all over the 'sticking the boot in' comment, won't they? Imagine if an SNP representative had said that. Might appeal to the Unionist core vote right enough. Anyway, she's had her turn at being stuck in charge...

Presumably by "sticking the boot in" she means carrying out the (admittedly vague) promises that were made before the vote?

I, for one, would have loved to see Ruthie letting the mask slip further and getting fired right into they SNP basturts.

Absolutely no danger of anything backfiring with a frothing Davidson screaming "WE SAID NO! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!" like a deranged Ian Paisley tribute act.

On 26/07/2020 at 18:18, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Presumably by "sticking the boot in" she means carrying out the (admittedly vague) promises that were made before the vote?

Reminiscent of the former Labour MP for Glasgow Pollok, Iain something or other. Spoke of "nothing left to do but bayonneting the dead" in 2014. Last seen collecting his P45. Probably in the HoL now though. 

7 hours ago, Academically Deficient said:

Reminiscent of the former Labour MP for Glasgow Pollok, Iain something or other. Spoke of "nothing left to do but bayonneting the dead" in 2014. Last seen collecting his P45. Probably in the HoL now though. 

Ian Davidson.

Last seen garnering enough votes to save his deposit in Berwickshire, Roxburgh and Selkirk.

Davidson is the name you are looking for. Last seen polishing tomatoes in the Toryglen branch of Asda.

1 minute ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
7 hours ago, Academically Deficient said:

Davidson is the name you are looking for. Last seen polishing tomatoes in the Toryglen branch of Asda.

That's him. Thanks, it was annoying me. Of course, it was bayonneting the wounded, not dead. That also annoyed me. Feel much better now.

They keep claiming that the SNP are using this pandemic to "promote themselves".
Doesn't that just mean they're doing a far better job?
It's a clear admission for Carcrash that he feels they are but we already knew that via recent polling. Fear reaking from his every pore.

Ian Davidson.
Last seen garnering enough votes to save his deposit in Berwickshire, Roxburgh and Selkirk.

And being so interested in campaigning for said seat that he was on BBC election night coverage in Glasgow instead of actually being out there.

Sporting a ropey af moustache too.

Joanna Cherry won't be standing for HOlyrood after the SNP NEC ruled she'd have to resign as an MP to contest the election.  She had looked to win the nomination for Edinburgh Central for next years election.  Former SNP Westminster leader Angus Robertson has already declared that he would stand for the seat.  

One of the small joys of the past few months is that I recently moved back to Edinburgh East having had to move out and live in Cherry's constituency for the past 2+ years. I won't have to hold my nose to vote SNP at the next GE.

As much as I'm in favour of Self-ID reform and don't believe the GC arguments should be given the time of day, part of me hopes it blows up into an almighty shitstorm and Cherry, McAlpine and their ilk are either booted unceremoniously from the party due to their bigotry, or take the huff and resign. I'm sure it would be played as 'SNP BAAAAD!!!, gagging freedom of speech" etc in the Yoon press, but it does really irk me that the party tolerates these hateful bigots spouting their nonsense under the guise of 'debate', rather than just issuing one warning to can it, followed by expulsion.

Joanna Cherry won't be standing for HOlyrood after the SNP NEC ruled she'd have to resign as an MP to contest the election.  She had looked to win the nomination for Edinburgh Central for next years election.  Former SNP Westminster leader Angus Robertson has already declared that he would stand for the seat.  

She’s not happy with this

IMG_1355.jpg

Cherry seems to be a bit of a hate figure on here.

Is it her stance with the trans stuff that's earned her that, or is there anything else folk are getting at?

Boris appoints 36 new peers.
All 36 appear to be worstcunts.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53606083
There is not even a pretence here. 'It's ma ba' and I make the rules, and f**k ye if ye don't like it' seems to be the message. Johnson and Cummings are increasingly resembling Thelma and Louise; they know the game will soon be up, but they are intent on inflicting as much mayhem as they can manage. It also demonstrates the utter lack of integrity on the part of most of the nominees - absolute and utter shame on them, c***s to a man and woman.