General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

I couldn't give as toss about the Tories as I don't vote for them. I'm not shitting Indyref2 either. Bring it on asap, next year at the latest!
I support real independence not EU subservience. The elected Scottish Parliament alone, not the unelected EU Commission, should determine our laws.
Polling shows that around a third of Indy Ref Yes voters also voted to Leave the EU. They've got no party that represents their views and the SNP would be crazy to ignore them.

You support real independence whilst supporting being totally run by another country. No bother Malky. You've no been missed.

19 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:
On 03/07/2020 at 16:51, Bishop Briggs said:
I couldn't give as toss about the Tories as I don't vote for them. I'm not shitting Indyref2 either. Bring it on asap, next year at the latest!
I support real independence not EU subservience. The elected Scottish Parliament alone, not the unelected EU Commission, should determine our laws.
Polling shows that around a third of Indy Ref Yes voters also voted to Leave the EU. They've got no party that represents their views and the SNP would be crazy to ignore them.

You support real independence whilst supporting being totally run by another country. No bother Malky. You've no been missed.

It's a broken record with you. Same old seething shite every time.

I support Scottish independence from the UK but you seem so genuinely thick that you can't understand that!

Your idiotic trolling is so bad it's really funny!  🤣

Edited by Bishop Briggs

I support Scottish independence from the UK but you seem so genuinely thick that you can't understand that!
Your idiotic trolling is so bad it's really funny!  [emoji1787]

Aye sure you do pal [emoji23]

1 hour ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Your idiotic trolling is so bad it's really funny!  🤣

What would you prefer? An independent Scotland in the EU or remaining part of a United Kingdom independent of the EU?

12 hours ago, NotThePars said:

What would you prefer? An independent Scotland in the EU or remaining part of a United Kingdom independent of the EU?

You’re not going to get an answer to that. You’ll get avoidance, insults, and a weaselly new claim that he wants both, which ignores the question about preference (and the reality that, at the moment, both are not political realities) entirely.

30 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Francois clearly not smart enough to remember Cummings is meant to be in the background.

Part of the removal of the cabinet Secretary means that Cummings has basically stepped into the security advisor role for the SDSR. The rumour mill is that he hasn't exactly hit it off with the service chiefs.

I suspect that Cummings is easily distracted by high tech baubles (hence the 400 million acquisition of a satellite constellation that no one seems to know what to do with) Be interesting to see how his bun fight with the MoD goes. While there is going to be an ever expanding focus on cyber warfare, space and AI, the thing to keep an eye on is whether the MoD gets to hang onto the platforms to hang all this stuff on, or they get emptied out and the armed forces look like running on vapour ware....

55 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

It's bizarre to me that anybody who genuinely wants independence can view the EU as a sticking point.

Vote independence then once we're independent vote for a party that would want to take us out of the EU?

No one who genuinely wants independence wants a Brexit that the Scottish electorate rejected. What they want is dependence on a larger electorate outside Scotland that will accord with their thinking.

Julian Lewis booted out the Conservative party for getting elected chair of the Intelligence Committee ahead of Chris Grayling. 

Quite how Grayling contrived to lose a position that's more or less a given once recommended by the government remains lost on me. He really is that incompetent. 

26 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Julian Lewis booted out the Conservative party for getting elected chair of the Intelligence Committee ahead of Chris Grayling. 

Quite how Grayling contrived to lose a position that's more or less a given once recommended by the government remains lost on me. He really is that incompetent. 

Dr Julian Lewis has Tory whip removed after running against PM's security committee chair pick

https://news.sky.com/story/dr-julian-lewis-has-tory-whip-removed-after-running-against-pms-security-committee-chair-pick-12029301

How fucking petty is that? Probably shitting themselves that he might actually release the Russian report. Grayling would have been guaranteed to lose it or eat it or something.

Edited by Baxter Parp