General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

11 hours ago, DrewDon said:

This boy, an actual MP, has absolutely lost the plot. 

Is that the same guy that wanted to use his ‘influence’ with Poland to stop an extension being granted to the UK’s EU membership?

12 hours ago, DrewDon said:

😂

What an utterly pathetic, snivelling little c**t. 

Morgan is of course an utter bell-end but it's terrific fun seeing Tories squirming like f**k when asked awkward questions they clearly don't have the ability or intelligence to answer. 

My favourite Morgan moment remains Ross Greer absolutely demolishing him live on air over his Churchill tweet. 

His huffy arms-folded body language coupled with his tone of voice which oozed contempt for the young elected Scotch upstart was glorious. 

He completely lost his shit, gave out Greers Twitter username and literally begged folk to give him a hard time. Utterly fantastic. Greer calling him a snowflake pretty much pushed him over the edge. Glorious viewing.

On 22/04/2020 at 19:45, DrewDon said:

Kawcynskiis particularly awful even by the standards of the current Tory party but I agree with the main substance of this. Morgan is a pompous, obnoxious bullying c*nt, whose Fox News-esque schtick of being rude and shouting over his guests answers is completely ineffective and ends up making a lot of the audience just feel sorry for the interviewee. The fact that he's being a c*nt to Tory politicians shouldn't blind us to his utter c*ntishness.

Andrew Neil does the combative style much more effectively, although Emily Maitlis is  the best political interviewer in the country IMO and should be used far more by the BBC. 

Edited by Carl Cort's Hamstring

EWTW83NXYAY_J7v?format=jpg%26name=large&key=f5ff3cf6317e5439ae3c3f4c4bb0b90b9161d3191857b9b3ee5c2faf5a8018e2
Mental that 25% polled don't trust the NHS.
It depends what exactly trusting someone "on coronavirus" actually means and also what is meant by The NHS. It's a terribly defined question.

If it's the head of NHS Lothian saying "We're at capacity, morale is low, we're not being properly funded." then I'd trust that.

If it's some random receptionist or porter saying "Open the pubs!" then I'd take that with a hefty dose of scepticism.

4 hours ago, Speroni*1 said:

Probably mirrors the percentage of the population who'd like the NHS wound up to reduce their tax bill.

• 2 weeks later...

Another Tory c**t.

Conor Burns has resigned as a trade minister after a report found he used his position as an MP to intimidate a member of the public.

The Commons standards watchdog said he made "veiled threats" to use parliamentary privilege to "further his family's interests" in a financial dispute involving his father.

I know, tautology.  

16 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

The nonentity Rory Stewart quits the London Mayoral contest and will slip in political obscurity once again.

He has written a travel book though.

I suspect that next time we see him he will be on some BBC travelogue show visiting countries nobody bothers to go to.

Maybe Portillo is getting tired of all those train journeys.  You never know.

The nonentity Rory Stewart quits the London Mayoral contest and will slip in political obscurity once again.
Mind in the leadership contest he was briefly in receipt of the same bullshit plaudits as Sunak... "He doesnt sound like a Tory, hes different, he can change things" etc etc.

Wee born to rule gimp like the rest.

EWTW83NXYAY_J7v?format=jpg%26name=large&key=f5ff3cf6317e5439ae3c3f4c4bb0b90b9161d3191857b9b3ee5c2faf5a8018e2

I’m a big fan of the concept of the NHS and the work of the majority within it.
However it’s far from perfect and as in any organisation has a mix of good and bad people meaning many of us have good and bad experiences of care as a result.
What worries me more is that anyone trusts Boris Johnson on this subject given his pre-Imperial report position along with that w****r Dominic Cummings....

12 hours ago, Fullerene said:

He has written a travel book though.

I suspect that next time we see him he will be on some BBC travelogue show visiting countries nobody bothers to go to.

Maybe Portillo is getting tired of all those train journeys.  You never know.

He should go to Belarus.  Tomorrow.