General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

Just received some pamphlet through the door with a 'Parliamentary report 2019/20' from my local MSP Liam Kerr.

Is it usual for this to have absolutely no mention of which party he represents? I just found it strange.

(He's a Tory - I had to look it up)

4 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Just received some pamphlet through the door with a 'Parliamentary report 2019/20' from my local MSP Liam Kerr.

Is it usual for this to have absolutely no mention of which party he represents? I just found it strange.

(He's a Tory - I had to look it up)

They’re not running with the “Jackson Carlaw Party”? They must not think that the beetroot-faced gimp has the appeal of a fake colonel with a shit-eating grin, media connections, and an aversion to work.

• 3 weeks later...

Tory remix:

Benefits need to be so low that people are better off working.

I mean I agree bigger wages for the low paid etc but you're having an absolute mare today at the prospect of the Wrong Kind Of Politician ending up being the ones to bring in UBI.
Maybe if benefits were higher employers would offer larger wages to encourage them.

On 17/03/2020 at 16:51, MixuFixit said:

Tory remix:

Benefits need to be so low that people are better off working.

I mean I agree bigger wages for the low paid etc but you're having an absolute mare today at the prospect of the Wrong Kind Of Politician ending up being the ones to bring in UBI.

I didn't see this at the time but it's valid to acknowledge that UBI isn't a leftist policy by default. There's a reason loads of wealthy Silicon Valley capitalists are big into it as well. 

Think this Trailer Park Boys meme is a good summation of one reason.

cover3.jpg

Smug pus Patel getting pelters because she’s not headed up any of the briefings.

Apparently there’s concerns that she might be asked awkward questions about the failings of her own department.

Smug pus Patel getting pelters because she’s not headed up any of the briefings.
Apparently there’s concerns that she might be asked awkward questions about the failings of her own department.
She's been conspicuous by her absence for a wee while now. Hopefully she's fucked up again, and we can enjoy her downfall once we've got a handle on this corona malarkey. Saying that, she's an actual fucking traitor and still landed the Home Sec gig - she must have pictures of Rupert Murdoch with a selection of farm animals.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Absolutely shocked to hear Mundell made a c**t of dialling in to PMQs today

I see the phrase used by some of the media is  that Mundell "failed to connect", which could be the best description of him and the whole Tory party.

6 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Absolutely shocked to hear Mundell made a c**t of dialling in to PMQs today

It's a bit childish to laugh at him and the tech problems that  prevented him being the debutant in the virtual parliament,  but it cheered me up no end to picture his sour, pouting face when he had to give the floor to Ian Blackford.