General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

12 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

Mince or cheddar cheese?

Any of them. 

I've had them once (mince) but never again. Utterly minging things.

I was living in Inverkeithing then so definitely part of the underclass in Fife. 😀

Moved 'up in the world' now. Living in the burbs outside Aberdeen. Does that make me middle class? And does it really matter these days?

Dad was a sparky, Mum was a medical receptionist. Working class?

I'm only educated to HNC level. Working class?

Work as a Draughtsman. Working/middle class?

(but am also a company director - middle class)

My wife goes to book club. My bairn is learning the violin. Definitely middle class.

And I do like hummus. And taramasalata. And tzatziki. Not sure if the spelling is right there so maybe I've just got middle class pretensions.

Any of them. 
I was living in Inverkeithing then so definitely part of the underclass in Fife. [emoji3]
Moved 'up in the world' now. Living in the burbs outside Aberdeen. Does that make me middle class? And does it really matter these days?
My wife goes to book club. My bairn is learning the violin. Definitely middle class.
And I do like hummus. And taramasalata. And tzatziki. Not sure if the spelling is right there so maybe I've just got middle class pretensions.

What CAD system do you work ? If like me it's CREO, then you are deffo middle class.

1 minute ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
40 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:
Any of them. 
I was living in Inverkeithing then so definitely part of the underclass in Fife. emoji3.png

What CAD system do you work ? If like me it's CREO, then you are deffo middle class.

Nope. Inventor, AutoCAD, Solidworks. Does that mean I'm a pleb?

47 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Any of them. 

I was living in Inverkeithing then so definitely part of the underclass in Fife. 😀

A bookies isn't a book club, it's a betting shop.  HTH.

You have to be on the Electoral Register to get a vote anyway, not sure how this would scare people off voting. They could always just say you have to take your voting card with you, rather than asking for other ID. The bulk of any fraud that happens will be by postal voting which would be unaffected, so not sure of the purpose.

Edited by welshbairn

7 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
13 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:
Voter suppression Bill to be included in Queen's speech.

Rubbish, everyone will be entitled to free id to be able to vote. It's to stop electoral fraud.

How much will it cost to give 60 million people in GB (not Northern Ireland) a free ID card?

How much electoral fraud goes on in GB? The requrement to produce ID cards in NI was a response to a specific problem with personation. Have we experienced a similar spike in GB?

Image result for sledgehammer crack a nut

This is all about disenfranchising the poor.

9 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

How much will it cost to give 60 million people in GB (not Northern Ireland) a free ID card?

How much electoral fraud goes on in GB? The requrement to produce ID cards in NI was a response to a specific problem with personation. Have we experienced a similar spike in GB?

Image result for sledgehammer crack a nut

This is all about disenfranchising the poor.

Excellent graphic representation.  We all know what this is about.

Organising polling station fraud under our system is a complete non starter. The effort required to gain even 50 fraudulent votes would be better spent chapping doors and taxiing voters to the polls.

The risk isn't worth it either as the chances of the fraud influencing the election are very small.