General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

10 hours ago, dee_62 said:

Think it's already been changed - it'll be 57 by 2028 to tie in with the change to 67 for the State Pension.  Pretty sure I read somewhere a while back that they were looking to tie in access to any private/workplace pension to 10 years below the State Pension age at some point.

23rd Jan 2023 is my target just now. I'm going to be pissed off if  they change it. They might. Just to screw me like every government has screwed me since Gordon Brown was chancellor.

10 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

23rd Jan 2023 is my target just now. I'm going to be pissed off if  they change it. They might. Just to screw me like every government has screwed me since Gordon Brown was chancellor.

2023 is when I get my Civil Service Pension, following the FBU and the judges challenging the Government on discriminatory changes.Newer staff will not be so fortunate, as the Alpha scheme they are being enrolled on is not tied to an age, but to the National Pension Age. If allowed, this would mean that Prison Officers, Firefighters and Paramedics would be waiting until IDS's preferred target of 75 before getting a pension.

Only the Tories would think that restraining criminals, fighting fires or performing life-saving interventions is something which you'd expect a 75-yr-old to be able to do. Ian Lavery, Labour Chairman, has already pointed out that in the NE of England, thanks to he extra suffering through demographic factors, his constituents hve more chance of dying beforehand than picking up a penny of their pension.

ETA: Just re-reading that, it makes me absolutely furious that that last sentence is being put on a wee football forum by some anonymous no-mark rather than plastered all over the Press and TV. I really, really hate these Tory cúnts and the way they have made such a situation seem fucking normal, and any such issues as Lavery raises here as far-left extremism. Horrible, horrible bástards, the lot of them.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

2 hours ago, Crùbag said:

This Jane Lax is some woman. Irony of her joking about others' appearances, disabilities or health issues given her own excruciating fizzog.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/vile-tory-troll-suspended-party-18981111

What an absolute w****r that is. And another one that breezed onto QT without a passing glance. 

As WRK mentioned, if wee rab works a couple of days casual while claiming jobseekers then he's labelled a "disgusting, and vile benefits cheat", however if it's a high net worth individual who's using and abusing one of the numerous tax avoidance schemes, then it's portrayed and indeed celebrated by the msm and our policy makers as "entrepreneurial spirit"

Says it all about this country really.................

27 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

As WRK mentioned, if wee rab works a couple of days casual while claiming jobseekers then he's labelled a "disgusting, and vile benefits cheat", however if it's a high net worth individual who's using and abusing one of the numerous tax avoidance schemes, then it's portrayed and indeed celebrated by the msm and our policy makers as "entrepreneurial spirit"

Says it all about this country really.................

As I said elsewhere, it's an absolute fucking masterstroke that the cúnts on hundreds an hour have convinced the man on £10 an hour that the immigrant on £8.21* an hour is the problem, and hence a legitimate target for his resentment.

*Out of this, of course, will come fees for Ladislaw/Lumilla's accomodation costs, in an accomodation block owned, surprisingly enough, by their employer or the agency who bussed them in from Eastern Europe.  An absolute racket which a decent society would have no problem calling out as people trafficking. In the UK (more specifically England), it's the Poles and Romanians who are seen as the problem, not the arseholes exploiting them.

13 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

As I said elsewhere, it's an absolute fucking masterstroke that the cúnts on hundreds an hour have convinced the man on £10 an hour that the immigrant on £8.21* an hour is the problem, and hence a legitimate target for his resentment.

*Out of this, of course, will come fees for Ladislaw/Lumilla's accomodation costs, in an accomodation block owned, surprisingly enough, by their employer or the agency who bussed them in from Eastern Europe.  An absolute racket which a decent society would have no problem calling out as people trafficking. In the UK (more specifically England), it's the Poles and Romanians who are seen as the problem, not the arseholes exploiting them.

That's what happens when you have a population dumbed down on reality tv shows and comic book reporting, it may sound like a conspiracy theory but having your population as morons certainly suits our power brokers, there's no doubt about that........

3 hours ago, WATTOO said:

That's what happens when you have a population dumbed down on reality tv shows and comic book reporting, it may sound like a conspiracy theory but having your population as morons certainly suits our power brokers, there's no doubt about that........

Why do you think they make it harder and harder for the masses to inform themselves? From discouraging think9ing outside of the NC at school to  introducing tuition fees to closing down libraries (unforgivable, imho) they do everything possible to dumb down the people. The idea of an educated, enquiring electorate terrifies them.

On 19/08/2019 at 18:10, Bairnardo said:

We dont just passively accept it though. That would be an improvement. What we have is working people all over the UK spouting anti trade union rhetoric that they read in the Sun.

My current line manager is a perfect example having benefitted financially recently exclusively because of the work of the union, and still slates them whilst he plans how to spend the money. A worstcunt of the highest order. I was truly hoping airport strikes fucked his family family holiday as I would have laughed right in his face.

Here lads, ye'll never guess what😂

Here lads, ye'll never guess what[emoji23]

Update... Disappointingly seems to have had a reprieve. Still it gave me and other a chance to have digs about standing strong with our brothers at BA.

Fucking p***k. Boils my piss just typing about him.

In which thread was the argument about James Connolly? A band named for him has been involved in some sort of riot this evening:

As much as I am in no way defending the nobility of the republican movement, the trouble was caused by unionist protesters, they attacked police officers, tried to trap them in streets with barricades set on fire and threw fireworks to try and maim public servants. That said why does a flute band from Coatbridge need to march in Glasgow. Why do any Northern Irish political/cultural groups need to march in Glasgow? Thankfully both the council and police have issued quite strong statements, hoping this leads to a reduction in numbers of parades etc. To put this into perspective the violence seen tonight from the unionists was so bad it led to the first time in modern Scottish history that police were sent out to deploy the tactics used.