General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

The theft of Scotland’s oil over the past 50 years by multi-national companies aided and abetted by successive Labour and Tory governments is the biggest crime perpetrated against Scotland’s economy. Swept under the carpet by the BBC and an MSM owned and used by the very people who grow wealthier by the day we are now fed the lie that austerity is the only path to follow for relieving our present condition. With the abolition of Petroleum Revenue Tax on all new fields after March 1993. oil companies and their shareholders have been enriching themselves from Scotland’s oil ever since and continue to do so under a corrupt Westminster regime. This blatant theft of revenue from Scotland’s economy must be first on the agenda to bring this situation to an end.

11 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Oh, come on Granny. If there's one thing we've learned from Oaksoft/Malky and his hero Iain Duncan-Smith, it's that POVERTY DOESN'T EXIST!!!

11 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Oh, come on Granny. If there's one thing we've learned from Oaksoft/Malky and his hero Iain Duncan-Smith, it's that POVERTY DOESN'T EXIST!!!

Poverty is as real as fake PhDs.

Great march in Aberdeen yesterday. Mile long Union Street was filled from end to end. Would estimate a figure of around 20000 at least. A handful of Butcher’s Apron waving unionists looked a sorry sight and were laughed at by good humoured and well behaved marchers. The atmosphere was charged with a positive can do spirit, friendly and welcoming with an infectious desire to change the course of Scotland’s future. These marches are VERY IMPORTANT. They remind us all that our corrupt BBC and MSM are feeding us with unionist propaganda and trivia. Through gatherings like these we feel and see the reality of our subordinated condition. It was a proud day for Scotland and Aberdeen whilst delivering a positive message to those who are unsure of Scotland’s future. Next one Perth then Edinburgh. Come on Scotland !!

Hopefully the “whit aboot ma pension” No voters feel the biggest brunt.

They will probably end up only raising the pension age to 70 and claim that they have listened to people’s concerns when they had no intention to ever raise it to 75(for now anyway)

I'm surprised anyone still thinks they'll be getting any kind of state pension; I gave up on that years ago, and not just because I'll no doubt have succumbed to heart failure before the current retirement age anyway.

It's all getting wound up, lads. Enjoy what's left while it lasts.

I think a lot of people of my generation won't be able to retire anyway. I'm 31 and a lot of my peers are making no planning for retirement whatsoever. Paying the bare minimum into whatever work pension they have set up (either because they can't afford to put any more in or haven't really thought about it). With no or little state pension by the time we reach retirement age there is going to be a big problem in a few years. The other thing to factor in is what sort of job do they expect people to do at 75 when their body is wrecked? I certainly won't be able to do my current job at that age. They can just take me out the back and shoot me when I get to 70 odd tbh. 

I think a lot of people of my generation won't be able to retire anyway. I'm 31 and a lot of my peers are making no planning for retirement whatsoever. Paying the bare minimum into whatever work pension they have set up (either because they can't afford to put any more in or haven't really thought about it). With no or little state pension by the time we reach retirement age there is going to be a big problem in a few years. The other thing to factor in is what sort of job do they expect people to do at 75 when their body is wrecked? I certainly won't be able to do my current job at that age. They can just take me out the back and shoot me when I get to 70 odd tbh. 

They expect you to die at your desk like a dutiful worker.

The good people of Britain seem to think this is a good option, given they keep voting the Tories back into power.

22 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

"In its report, Ageing Confidently: Supporting an ageing workforce, the think tank states: “Removing barriers for older people to remain in work has the potential to contribute greatly to the health of individuals and the affordability of public services."

Arbeit macht fucking frei.

Years from now books will be written about how the passive citizens of late 20th and early 21st century Britain were somehow fooled into letting a small elite mob rob them blind.

Oh absolutely. I've started sticking a bit aside into some funds every month and massively upped my pension contributions. This was after having a look at my pension statement and realising that based on the forecast I would be retiring on something like £5k a year if I kept up the same level of contribution. I would say 70% of my colleagues are still on the minimum contribution. Still living at home with their parents and blowing most of their salary on leased audis, fancy watches and exotic holidays. I guess you could get hit by a bus tomorrow so whatever. They'll be jumping in front of buses in 50 years time when they can't afford to feed themselves. I bet most people with a pension though their work don't even think about how much its going to actually be worth. And then even those that do, a lot of them probably can't afford to put any more in anyway. 

2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Daft thing is it's not hard now to invest a small amount in low cost passive funds and this'll help massively over 40 years. Not to suggest for one second that young people's precarious situation is of their own making but in the absence of independence or the mass death of all tories, even putting 20 quid a month away into investments on top of whatever occupational pension you've got is worthwhile.

Greenied for “mass death of all Tories”.  Not used enough in P&B posts.

4 hours ago, EH75 said:

They can just take me out the back and shoot me when I get to 70 odd tbh. 

You can expect euthanasia objections to fizzle out in the years ahead. Honorary directorship for Iain Duncan Smith at the manufacturer of these bad boys:

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Greenied for “mass death of all Tories”.  Not used enough in P&B posts.

New title of my much-delayed Crustcore album. Come see us support Discharge on our tour of the Home Counties.